Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidden3

Aug 20, 2007
Sengkang
www.flickr.com
I dont know if i should post it here, but it's something all newbie should know, or want to know.
Dry cabinet is highly reccommended to prevent fungus from growing etc.
But i saw the website at http://www.digihub.com.sg/, where do i get them? the address stated at the "contact us" ??

Just call them.

If you want to see how it looks like, there are some similar ones at Carrefour. And also, look out for them at IT shows, that's when they will display the standard ones and often have good offers.

Is there any IT show during nov-dec? Cos if i getting my camera i should get my drybox ASAP then to wait for IT show right? also i saw on the digihub website, under promotion. the model that i getting is cash and carry. so i just go down and get can already right?

since u planning to get the 30l model, i suggest u pop by the popular camera shops like MS or TK and get one and bring home yourself. shld be below 100.

Every where is the same price.... controlled pricing from the manufacturer

Can I just use one of those airtight cases with a hygrometer and silica gel in place of a dry cabinet. No money at the moment.

I bought mine at Cathay Photo, it was about $98 for a 24 liter version. It can hold around 4 SLR bodies with medium sized lenses.

Samuel

Get from carrefour is cheaper. I got chop at sim lim square. Also watch out for the watt. 30Litre use about 4w. Can hold up to 3 camera and 3 lens. Don't get too big if you don't have so many equipment yet.

Safe money, Safe Electricity and safe the world;)

since u planning to get the 30l model, i suggest u pop by the popular camera shops like MS or TK and get one and bring home yourself. shld be below 100.

30L digital hydrometer 109bucks :)

Get from carrefour is cheaper. I got chop at sim lim square. Also watch out for the watt. 30Litre use about 4w. Can hold up to 3 camera and 3 lens. Don't get too big if you don't have so many equipment yet.

Safe money, Safe Electricity and safe the world;)

''Safe money, Safe Electricity and safe the world'' part i agree..... but think 30L is too small. I already regret that my 60L is getting too smalll...... wish I could have get the 80L model. Same 5Watt..... :(

Guys do u recommend a portable dry-cabi if a camera is going to be in a cool climate for 2 weeks?
If its left in the EOS bag for the duration instead,will fungus grow?

if u use it continuously for 2 weeks. fungus will not grow, because the lens has not "settled" down.

and if is a cool but dry climate you need not worry lah. singapore has high humidity levels thats why it promotes the growth of fungus.

if u use it continuously for 2 weeks. fungus will not grow, because the lens has not "settled" down.

and if is a cool but dry climate you need not worry lah. singapore has high humidity levels thats why it promotes the growth of fungus.

What abt condensation?Will it occur even at cool climate?

The best protection against fungus is using it. :)

Samuel

The best protection against fungus is using it. :)

Samuel

So if you're using your camera often, the possibility of it growing fungus is very low?
Leejay told me that too.
But one question to ask? how often is often?
using it everyday? or at least once in two days?

Generally, using it weekly would qualify for that. However, there are other factors like the humidity and other conditions which varies from individuals' homes and environments.

So, for long term ease of mind and protection, do consider to get a dry cabinet.

I started with a dry box, and diligently replenished the silica gel. But, switched to dry cabi later.

The price at digihub is reasonable. For certain models, e.g. 50L and up, they offer free delivery. Can call or email them for quotes, Q&A, and arrangements.

Generally, using it weekly would qualify for that. However, there are other factors like the humidity and other conditions which varies from individuals' homes and environments.

So, for long term ease of mind and protection, do consider to get a dry cabinet.

I started with a dry box, and diligently replenished the silica gel. But, switched to dry cabi later.

The price at digihub is reasonable. For certain models, e.g. 50L and up, they offer free delivery. Can call or email them for quotes, Q&A, and arrangements.

Haha! Im just a student, but i dont know if i were to get. To get dry box or dry-cabi.

i would suggest a dry cabi... make and model is really up to you... for me i got a akarui from cathay... they have 5 years warranty...

Most of these digi cab runs on very low wattage... even lower then your internet modem... (5watt) so in term of cost... thats really nothing compared to your home fridge... :)

a digi box is more useful if you travel alot... else you'll find changing the dessicant troublesome after some time...

For camera usage... if you use it once a week... its ok... but the spare lens, spare camera... are those items i throw into the cab... especially my old Hi8 and DV tapes which are priceless memories... dvd quality is just not as clear as those tapes :bsmilie:

i would suggest a dry cabi... make and model is really up to you... for me i got a akarui from cathay... they have 5 years warranty...

Most of these digi cab runs on very low wattage... even lower then your internet modem... (5watt) so in term of cost... thats really nothing compared to your home fridge... :)

a digi box is more useful if you travel alot... else you'll find changing the dessicant troublesome after some time...

For camera usage... if you use it once a week... its ok... but the spare lens, spare camera... are those items i throw into the cab... especially my old Hi8 and DV tapes which are priceless memories... dvd quality is just not as clear as those tapes :bsmilie:

I'm a student, and i think i wont have spare camera, probably getting another spare lens. 1 or 2. so i think i'll just get a drybox or digi-cabi after i get my spare lens? what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.