Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kukubird

May 11, 2005
Sorry to use this forum. Can anyone tell me what is the best value to set on the dry cabinet? If set too low (about 20) what will happen? If set too high (about 50) what will happen?
I notice that when the dry cabinet put inside the bedroom (bedtime the air-con is on)the value can reach as low as 19. When there is no air-con it only can reach 35. Thanks first for the infomation.

45 - 55%? or 40 - 50% , mine is settled at 43% - 45% normally.

kukubird said:
Sorry to use this forum. Can anyone tell me what is the best value to set on the dry cabinet? If set too low (about 20) what will happen? If set too high (about 50) what will happen?
I notice that when the dry cabinet put inside the bedroom (bedtime the air-con is on)the value can reach as low as 19. When there is no air-con it only can reach 35. Thanks first for the infomation.

According ot MFG manual it is 45-55 RH for camera equipemet. :dunno:
Follow the MFG manual is the best.

If set too dry your camera rubber could be affected like turn to stickly or dry up. Also those oil inside the lens dry up. :dunno:

When I turn on my aircon to cool the room a little change but do stay at the preset value after sometime. ie 50~48 RH.

YMMV

Wrong forum. Should go for DryCab sub-forum :bsmilie: [I mean general or newbie forum].

Ok. DryCab manufacturer say 40-50%RH is good for photography gears. To low, the grease on lenses and/or cameras may dry. To high, no use buy DryCab. IIRC the manufacturer say 70-80%RH is good to grown fungus. And you know how much is humidity in Singapore? Around 70-90%RH depends on weather.

Regards,
Arto.

SianZronG said:
My dry cabi spoitl liaoz.... turn on to the max also 50 humitity... haha.... sad...
Check the seal...

Regards,
Arto.

mine about 40-45.
but wondering about temperature. it's always arnd 30 degrees,
isn't that too hot?....

chouk said:
mine about 40-45.
but wondering about temperature. it's always arnd 30 degrees,
isn't that too hot?....
Normal. Mine also 29-30degreeC.

Regards,
Arto.

Where's PE? This belongs in Nikon subforum?

. . . who you knock my head! haha.... anywayz, he think nikon users more responsive and helpful so he post here.... LoLx. anywayz i OT again. >_< ok i should stop posting.

BTW someone said check the seal of my digicab, but the problem if there is something wrong with it i can't do anything right? only can BBB. haiz.... $_$ money not enough.

SianZronG said:
. . . who you knock my head! haha.... anywayz, he think nikon users more responsive and helpful so he post here.... LoLx. anywayz i OT again. >_< ok i should stop posting.

BTW someone said check the seal of my digicab, but the problem if there is something wrong with it i can't do anything right? only can BBB. haiz.... $_$ money not enough.

If it is digihub it can be replaced. ;)

SianZronG said:
It's from Bossmen.... i bought it second hand. so.... time to get a new one?
The 400L version is calling you... come... come... :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.