Dry Cabinet


Status
Not open for further replies.

kukubird

New Member
May 11, 2005
364
0
0
#1
Sorry to use this forum. Can anyone tell me what is the best value to set on the dry cabinet? If set too low (about 20) what will happen? If set too high (about 50) what will happen?
I notice that when the dry cabinet put inside the bedroom (bedtime the air-con is on)the value can reach as low as 19. When there is no air-con it only can reach 35. Thanks first for the infomation.
 

zcwnfx

New Member
Jun 6, 2005
540
0
0
Potong Pasir
#2
45 - 55%? or 40 - 50% , mine is settled at 43% - 45% normally.
 

#3
kukubird said:
Sorry to use this forum. Can anyone tell me what is the best value to set on the dry cabinet? If set too low (about 20) what will happen? If set too high (about 50) what will happen?
I notice that when the dry cabinet put inside the bedroom (bedtime the air-con is on)the value can reach as low as 19. When there is no air-con it only can reach 35. Thanks first for the infomation.
According ot MFG manual it is 45-55 RH for camera equipemet. :dunno:
Follow the MFG manual is the best.

If set too dry your camera rubber could be affected like turn to stickly or dry up. Also those oil inside the lens dry up. :dunno:

When I turn on my aircon to cool the room a little change but do stay at the preset value after sometime. ie 50~48 RH.

YMMV
 

Artosoft

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2005
3,710
0
0
Tanjong Katong
#4
Wrong forum. Should go for DryCab sub-forum :bsmilie: [I mean general or newbie forum].

Ok. DryCab manufacturer say 40-50%RH is good for photography gears. To low, the grease on lenses and/or cameras may dry. To high, no use buy DryCab. IIRC the manufacturer say 70-80%RH is good to grown fungus. And you know how much is humidity in Singapore? Around 70-90%RH depends on weather.

Regards,
Arto.
 

chouk

New Member
Apr 15, 2006
127
0
0
#9
mine about 40-45.
but wondering about temperature. it's always arnd 30 degrees,
isn't that too hot?....
 

Artosoft

Senior Member
Aug 31, 2005
3,710
0
0
Tanjong Katong
#10
chouk said:
mine about 40-45.
but wondering about temperature. it's always arnd 30 degrees,
isn't that too hot?....
Normal. Mine also 29-30degreeC.

Regards,
Arto.
 

SianZronG

New Member
Sep 2, 2002
1,417
0
0
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
#15
. . . who you knock my head! haha.... anywayz, he think nikon users more responsive and helpful so he post here.... LoLx. anywayz i OT again. >_< ok i should stop posting.

BTW someone said check the seal of my digicab, but the problem if there is something wrong with it i can't do anything right? only can BBB. haiz.... $_$ money not enough.
 

#16
SianZronG said:
. . . who you knock my head! haha.... anywayz, he think nikon users more responsive and helpful so he post here.... LoLx. anywayz i OT again. >_< ok i should stop posting.

BTW someone said check the seal of my digicab, but the problem if there is something wrong with it i can't do anything right? only can BBB. haiz.... $_$ money not enough.
If it is digihub it can be replaced. ;)
 

_espn_

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2006
3,539
0
0
Planet Nikon
#19
SianZronG said:
It's from Bossmen.... i bought it second hand. so.... time to get a new one?
The 400L version is calling you... come... come... :devil:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom