Dry cabinet

Skippy

Oct 10, 2005
Hello,

I am looking for a good dry cabinet. If possible one that have a built in anti-bacterial capabilities like UV or ionizer. Any recommendation?

The standard dry cabinets in local markets don't come with any antibacterial functions. The purpose of the dry cabinet is to slow down the growth of fungus inside the lenses (or other equipment) that can impact their optical function. Deposits of bacteria on outside surfaces of lenses and other equipment do not impact their optical capabilities or other functions.
Gives your camera body and lenses a careful wipe down as described in the manuals, that's enough.

I saw one in Tkfoto by the brand name Sirui. It says it uses Photocatalyst TiO2 providing anti-bacterial protection against Mold.
Anyone tried Sirui before?

Well, the line 'anti-bacterial protection against mold' only tells me that the person has missed a few lessons in Science (Biology).
Dry cabinets only needs to maintain a lower relative humidity (around 50% RH). That's all to slow down any development of fungus. Besides this, use your equipment. Exposure to sunlight is the key.

Reactions: hilly