DRY Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

eason

Oct 15, 2004
Hi....need advice from those who has been using dry cabinet for quite a long time.I have an electric dry cabinet,do i need to turn off the power when the desired humidnity setting has reached?Since i bought the dry cabinet last
month and has turned it on untill now,i just opened my dry cabinet and feel
the inner temperature was a bit warm.Is my dry cabinet malfunction?This is the first time i have such experience....

You should not switch off your dry cabinet. It's a different story if it is empty. Once te desired humidy is reached it should maintain to stay that way. Chances of fungus growing is higher if you keep switching it off and on all the time as the humidity will be like a roller coaster...up and down.

I just turn it off for the first time since i bought it because i felt that the temperature inside was a bit warm......I scare it would spoit my equipment....

eason said:
I just turn it off for the first time since i bought it because i felt that the temperature inside was a bit warm......I scare it would spoit my equipment....

Warm????

The dry cabi is supposed to be slightly cooler than room temperature.
The effect of removing moisture from the air inside has a "cooling" effect because some heat is supposed to be removed.

mine's at 28C and stable. still feels cool if i open the door and stuck my hand in. (no aircon installed)

Winston said:
Warm????

The dry cabi is supposed to be slightly cooler than room temperature.
The effect of removing moisture from the air inside has a "cooling" effect because some heat is supposed to be removed.

mine's at 28C and stable. still feels cool if i open the door and stuck my hand in. (no aircon installed)

I using a digi cabi 20L...and mine is also warm too leh...when I open the box, can feel slightly warmer inside... :dunno:

mine is ard 30 degree tempature leh...

scramblur11 said:
I using a digi cabi 20L...and mine is also warm too leh...when I open the box, can feel slightly warmer inside... :dunno:

mine is ard 30 degree tempature leh...

mine feels cool when i opened it... :dunno:
but temp is 29.... rh 40%

its supposed to feel cool...and dun switch off...the humidifier will decide if it needs to "work" or not.... anyway.....

set the humidity control lower.... and see how lo

cheers...

The dry cabinet i using now was bought from Carrfour,also DigiCabinet 20L.
It doesn't come with warranty,and cheap,so i bought it..... :devil: I also felt cold when I opened the door last time.I just encounter the warming problem last two day.Mine cabinet doesn't come with Termometer,plan to buy a termometer to monitor the temperature.....any idea where to buy it??My humidity meter is analoge one,not digital type,which typr one is more accurate?Does dry cabinet use fan to circulate the air inside? :think:

There is heater element in the dry cabinet to "remove" the moisture. It is normal if the air in the cabinet gets warm, however, the "heating" is supposed to stop once the set humidity is achieved. If the heating is on all the time thus making it warm all the time, it's either the feedback is faulty or there is a leakage somewhere making the heater trying the achieve the set RH all the time. :)

Mine RH is ard 50%....the green humidifier light never off b4 leh...means tat it is still trying to reach its desired RH setting? :dunno:

but I can feel the part where the 2 red and green LEDs is, is slightly warm leh....maybe it warm the air inside also?...

btw if u wan to buy a hydrometer and thermometer built in together, can try go those DIY shop...think one cost ard $30....

erm..... I just bought a digi cabi 30L....but the cabinet itself is named i-cabi...anything wrong here? ...

My DigiCabi 90L is on 24x7. Feels cool when you open the door. Do not switch it on and off. Just leave it as it is. The % value will stablise when it reaches it's threshold.

my digicabi is called i-cabi.....something fishy man :think:

HI!
just curious, are for normal digital cameras and film cameras, do they need to be stored in dry cabinet? can i just leave it in the cupboard?
what is the smallest size for a dry cabinet? so far i've only those big ones approx 60cm high.

jaded-stone said:
HI!
just curious, are for normal digital cameras and film cameras, do they need to be stored in dry cabinet? can i just leave it in the cupboard?

Actually, if you use it regularly, i.e. bring it out for shoots and walks, chances of fugus growth is much lower than just leaving it in the cupboard. If you don't use your camera often then it'll be good to invest in a dry cabinet.

what is the smallest size for a dry cabinet? so far i've only those big ones approx 60cm high.

Dunno, maybe can check out http://www.digihub.com.sg
Maybe for you can try out a drybox instead if you don't have much equipment.

Would a drybox work just as well as a dry cabinet?
Is the use of the hygrometer useful in the drybox?

Status
Not open for further replies.