Dry Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hartzdevil

Jan 2, 2010
Singapore
Hey guys/gers, i need some help to clarify whether is my dry cabinet working properly as i have notice the fan icon on the display screen is keep spinning but fan icon have been spin for a week even it reaches the require humid level. Is there any problem? Cheers and thanks. ;)

IMG-20120709-WA000 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Which brand/model is your dry cabinet?

You can check the manual booklet to see what the symbol blinking means

If it keeps spinning it means your cabinet is working hard to maintain that humidity level.

Which room/area of your house is the cabinet stored in ?

Also why have you covered your cabinet with a cloth ?

Last edited:
i place it in the living room. i cover the only the top and the glass door to prevent dust.

only thing i can think off is hope nothing is stuck between the doors or the rubber edges not bent or anything.

also does the rh reading vary or its around the same all the time ?

Not sure about yours. But the humidity for mine will hover around the value that I set. E.g. set at 45. Sometimes I will see 43, sometimes 47. So I thought it's normal?

It is around the same RH level. Just that the fan icon is kept spinning. When I first bought it was set to red zone.this fan icon nv spin once it reaches it RH level. But heard from ppl before that is the RH level is below 40 the rubber of the cam will dry up and cause it to peel off. Hence I set it to be between 40-50 RH level.

Mine dosent have the fan icon.. i only had the 30L model. small one..
Im thinking..it should be fine? As long the RH % is well maintained.

Hi TS mine is the exact same model as yours. i dont think you should be alarmed by the fan icon, as i believe that it's an indicator that the humidifier is doing its job. So long your RH is maintained at the desired value with approx -/+2% fluctuation, its fine.

Hey, just got a reply from the service center, The Fan icon does not relate to the dehumidification unit.
As long as you can get the humidity level of between 40%-55%, the dehumidification unit is fine.

So its just there to look cool for the animation only? Haha. In any case if the RH is fine, you dont have to worry much!

Status
Not open for further replies.