Dry Cabinet Size...

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazewerks

May 16, 2006
Long Hill
hi all, just to find out or getting advice on how big a dry cabi should i buy. wat i have:

D200, 50mm 1.4, 17-55 2.8, 28-70 2.8 ... will be getting 70-200 soon + plenty of accessories... so wat size shld i get? many thnx in advance :)

sorry forgot to add, any particular brand is good? price, performance, reliability & warranty?

80 litres would be good for you.

But if you intend to get more lenses soon, then you might wish to consider a bigger one like 100 or 120 litres.

Do check for space in your house as well.

I have experienced it myself. No matter how big the cabinet is initially, it is always not big enough. When I got my cabinet, I probably had two bodies (one film and one digital) and a total of five lenses (manual and AF). Today, I have a total of three bodies and 11 lenses plus a host of other accessories. When you are in this hobby, there is a tendency for you to buy on impulse and you know what, you are short of storage space. If I were you, go for the biggest cabinet your budget and available space would allow.

So far I've been using the DigiCabi series. Got 3 of them, a 60L, 120L & a 160L. Got no big problems with all of them. :)

For your setup, a 60L will nicely fit all those. But it is always nice to have slightly bigger to ease the troubles of 'sokoban' the stuff when you take in and out. I would personally recommend a 120L if you have the budget. It comes with trays w/rollers. Do purchase a extra tray would be nice cos there'll be some wasted space with only the default trays. :)

hey all bros... thnx for the tips, i now knw wat to get :)

Get as big as you can afford! My preferrence is to keep all my gear in it, bodies, lens, filters, flashes, etc. Makes it easier to find things.

Hey I bought those Philip sensor around $20 at Havey Norman to stick in my 100L, very good as it light up the dark cabinet upon sensing movement in it, it makes looking for black lens and equipment so much easier :lovegrin:

Hey I bought those Philip sensor around $20 at Havey Norman to stick in my 100L, very good as it light up the dark cabinet upon sensing movement in it, it makes looking for black lens and equipment so much easier :lovegrin:

What is this sensor that you are talking about?

What is this sensor that you are talking about?
i believe it's the motion sensor, if it senses some movement in it's vicinity it will light up, after a period of idling, it will switch itself off.

anyone what is the price different for the AD 120, AD 160 and AD 200?:embrass:

i believe it's the motion sensor, if it senses some movement in it's vicinity it will light up, after a period of idling, it will switch itself off.
Spot on :thumbsup: It will light up until there is no more movement detected, After that it will switch off the light after 15 sec.

I waited and waited and waited and...... at last.... got the AD-100

Status
Not open for further replies.