Dry Cabinet setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurred

Oct 1, 2006
Hi,

Juz brought a new dry cabinet, meter is not in digital form.

I read the instructions manual that my setting should be set at the middle between the Low and High humidity. I noticed on the meter, my RH% is reflected as 40, is this correct?

thxs.

Hi,

I read the instructions manual that my setting should be set at the middle between the Low and High humidity. I noticed on the meter, my RH% is reflected as 40, is this correct?

thxs.

I'm using a digi-cabi pro... and it recommended that relative humidity should be at 45% for cameras, lenses..

mine hovers around 40% to 45%. should be alright.
digicab 40l. now finding it a bit to small. hehe...

Try to go no lower than your current setting -- RH% at 40.

Hi,

thxs.

Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it.:)

I have RTFM and it says 45-55% for camera equipment
you don't want the lubricants to dry up

I'm abit confused by the manual. let's say if i wanna increase my RH% to 45-55%, shld i adjust it to the H or L side?(right now it is in the middle with the meter showing 40%)

you have a 50% chance of getting it right

but i think it should be higher or lower humidity
so if right now it is 40% then i think you should adjust the humidity higher between 45% to 55%

I'm abit confused by the manual. let's say if i wanna increase my RH% to 45-55%, shld i adjust it to the H or L side?(right now it is in the middle with the meter showing 40%)

either you go left or go right, not so difficult, won't take you too long to figure out, and don't worry, nobody is gonne get hurt.

Set the knob around 9 o'clock. 40-50%RH is recommended for photography equipment. You also can check if your De-humidifier unit have a red LED and green LED. Set the green LED to dim.

Regards,
Arto.

Generally speaking, you don't want the RH to below 40% for most equipment. Besides drying the lubrication, there is also a chance of static build-up which can damage your equipment. The setting most recommended for equipment (including computer rooms) is a RH level of between 45%-55%.

Cheers

Kelvin

Ok guys...I think something is not rite with my dry cabinet

I tried adjusting more to the H, the RH% drops to 30%...thot it should go up to 40 n above (it was at 40 before I did any re-adjustment)

Does the RH% meter need to take some time before reflecting the actual readings?
I did not add or took anything out from it when I was doing the re-adjustment. Only thing that happen was tat the door was left open for about 15mins.

I have a problem, my dri-cabi never gives me 40-45%!

it always drops to 26% o_O

do you have to occassionally open the door to let in some humidity?

I have a problem, my dri-cabi never gives me 40-45%!

it always drops to 26% o_O

do you have to occassionally open the door to let in some humidity?
Maybe its time to change to a new dry cabinet:D

Try turn your knob to nine oclock position and see what happens in the next one hour time

9oclock? i thought is 12 o'clock? =O

i'm using digicabi...

Status
Not open for further replies.