Dry Cabinet setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys...I think something is not rite with my dry cabinet

I tried adjusting more to the H, the RH% drops to 30%...thot it should go up to 40 n above (it was at 40 before I did any re-adjustment)

Does the RH% meter need to take some time before reflecting the actual readings?
I did not add or took anything out from it when I was doing the re-adjustment. Only thing that happen was tat the door was left open for about 15mins.

Your drying cabinet reading should have increased since you left the door open.
I have a problem, my dri-cabi never gives me 40-45%!

it always drops to 26% o_O

do you have to occassionally open the door to let in some humidity?

If you store you dry cabinet in an air-con room, the RH would definitely drop as the air-con unit is also a dehumidifier. You don't need to "air" the cabinets. Try moving the cabinets around in the room. Typically place cabinets (if in an aircon room) at the far end away from the blower unit.

Cheers

Kelvin

Ok guys...I think something is not rite with my dry cabinet

I tried adjusting more to the H, the RH% drops to 30%...thot it should go up to 40 n above (it was at 40 before I did any re-adjustment)

Does the RH% meter need to take some time before reflecting the actual readings?
I did not add or took anything out from it when I was doing the re-adjustment. Only thing that happen was tat the door was left open for about 15mins.

I'd wait for a a day before the readings settle, since it was left open for 15mins. Oddly enough that should cause the RH to go up and not down. You live in Singapore? Was the aircon blasting arctic air in the room? If the RH still doesn't rise according, your Digi may need re-wiring.

I'd wait for a a day before the readings settle, since it was left open for 15mins. Oddly enough that should cause the RH to go up and not down. You live in Singapore? Was the aircon blasting arctic air in the room? If the RH still doesn't rise according, your Digi may need re-wiring.

ok..here is my scenario:

Room : not aircon. windows seldom open
Brand of Dry Cabinet : Am Pro

I tried turning the knob all the way to H and it still hover ard 30-40%
I have got a digital Hydgrometer inside the cabinet, it show the same reading too.

Your drying cabinet reading should have increased since you left the door open.

If you store you dry cabinet in an air-con room, the RH would definitely drop as the air-con unit is also a dehumidifier. You don't need to "air" the cabinets. Try moving the cabinets around in the room. Typically place cabinets (if in an aircon room) at the far end away from the blower unit.

Cheers

Kelvin

think that solved the mystery.... my cabi is under my aircon unit.. and the aircon is on whenever i'm home... maybe it could be a good idea to off the unit once it reaches 30%? .... :)

I called up Am-pro yesterday, the guy told me nothing is wrong with my dry cabinet. It is Auto, meaning that it will auto adjust the humidity level in accordance to my room humidity level. Basically the knob inside the cabinet is just for on/off only.

Did the fella "smoked" me? I thot the knob is for adjusting the humidity level cos different kind of stuff u put in will req'd different humidity level? (ie. wats the point of having H,M,L level on the knob if its auto-sensing)

He said that for camera n lens, anything no less than 20% is fine

He also told me that the cabinet tat is running on Auto sensing, usually will adjust itself to be 30-40% lesser of the room current humidity level..

hmmm...any advise?:confused:

think that solved the mystery.... my cabi is under my aircon unit.. and the aircon is on whenever i'm home... maybe it could be a good idea to off the unit once it reaches 30%? .... :)

Dude,

Basic Forum Manners - Dun hijack other pple's thread.:thumbsd:

I called up Am-pro yesterday, the guy told me nothing is wrong with my dry cabinet. It is Auto, meaning that it will auto adjust the humidity level in accordance to my room humidity level. Basically the knob inside the cabinet is just for on/off only.

Did the fella "smoked" me? I thot the knob is for adjusting the humidity level cos different kind of stuff u put in will req'd different humidity level? (ie. wats the point of having H,M,L level on the knob if its auto-sensing)

He also told me that the cabinet tat is running on Auto sensing, usually will adjust itself to be 30-40% lesser of the room current humidity level..

Got Auto so good?? Mine DiGi Cabi no auto...:(

Bro, the guy smoke you big time. If it "auto" set, then just ask him what the default level it sets to (in RH)? To "auto" anything, there must be some form of initial setting. Humidity is a relative thing and requires "manual" setting.

Anything less than 40% is unhealthy to your equipment. Not only does it dry your lubricants (sound dirty :sweatsm:), it may even build-up static charge.

30-40% below current room RH doesn't sound right. SG average RH is between 85%-95%, so less 40% = 45%-55% which is acceptable.

Try setting the reverse and see if it helps (i.e. low).

Cheers

Kelvin

Bro, the guy smoke you big time. If it "auto" set, then just ask him what the default level it sets to (in RH)? To "auto" anything, there must be some form of initial setting. Humidity is a relative thing and requires "manual" setting.

Anything less than 40% is unhealthy to your equipment. Not only does it dry your lubricants (sound dirty :sweatsm:), it may even build-up static charge.

30-40% below current room RH doesn't sound right. SG average RH is between 85%-95%, so less 40% = 45%-55% which is acceptable.

Try setting the reverse and see if it helps (i.e. low).

Cheers

Kelvin

Precisely..the manual did stated that for paper stuff, the RH have to be low (ie 20% n below) while for cam n lens , it shld be ard 50%. If the box is in Auto mode, how can it differentiate the stuffs i put inside n auto adjust itself?

Thanks for your advise, appreciate it. Will give it a try tonight (ie. switch to low)

One quick Qns..

Does the room humidity level have any impact on the dry cabinet humidity level?

One quick Qns..

Does the room humidity level have any impact on the dry cabinet humidity level?

To some extend the general RH of the room does impact the cabinet RH levels. If the room is lower than the cabinet, then the dryer would read lower. In general, most of our rooms (15m2) with aircon should not affect the RH levels of the cabinet.

My cabinet (some 5 years old already) is faithfully reading about 45% in a spare room (which also acts as my computer room, store room, bicycle repair room, etc :sweatsm:). Just ensure that there is sufficient airflow in the room (doesn't have to be "airy", just not stuffy).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kelvin

To some extend the general RH of the room does impact the cabinet RH levels. If the room is lower than the cabinet, then the dryer would read lower. In general, most of our rooms (15m2) with aircon should not affect the RH levels of the cabinet.

My cabinet (some 5 years old already) is faithfully reading about 45% in a spare room (which also acts as my computer room, store room, bicycle repair room, etc :sweatsm:). Just ensure that there is sufficient airflow in the room (doesn't have to be "airy", just not stuffy).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Kelvin

oh..ok. maybe i will try to make the room more "airy", currently though the room is equipped wif a aircon unit, it was never switched on and the windows are seldom open (surrounding envt quite dusty), doors are closed most of the time(abt 8-9hrs each day) and yes, each time i walk into tis room, it does felt abit stuffy.

Digi Cabi does have 'auto' settings. That's the DHC series. Apparently can set to desired settings and let the Cabi do the rest. Don't know about Ampro.

Your hygrometer might be giving the wrong reading too. Just to be kiasu, I bought another hygrometer (<$30) just to be sure.

Digi Cabi does have 'auto' settings. That's the DHC series. Apparently can set to desired settings and let the Cabi do the rest. Don't know about Ampro.

Your hygrometer might be giving the wrong reading too. Just to be kiasu, I bought another hygrometer (<$30) just to be sure.

Oredi done that..did a search and found out the shop at SLT tat sell the digital Hygrometer. Both readings (the digital n the cabinet) are very near to each other.

Hi bro,

The "auto" setting is usually based on a manual setting (i.e. the knob). The digi will adjust the humidity on its own. However, when shops tell me that the knob is juz for on/off purpose and I cannot set the desired humidity level, the shop is juz making excuses for their lack of knowledge. Do be careful when shops uses the word "auto". Check with them what they actually mean. Read the manual for any default settings that the "auto" feature can use.

Cheers

Kelvin

it was at the mid setting... i wonder if its due to my aircon..... =X

If it's at the mid setting, adjust it more towards the 'Low' side. Adjust all the way to low and see what that gives you.

Please... Your attitude man...

His post may contribute something to others...

Regards,
Arto.

Attitude? Oh please..
its basic forum manners.

By hijacking my thread, he is making it more "messy". AND if he did really wanna contribute something (which I din see any in this case) , he could have easily started another thread.

*Btw, I would suggest if you dun have anything constructive to post, keep it to yourself, any issue, PM me, dun make this into a flaming thread.

Attitude? Oh please..
its basic forum manners.

By hijacking my thread, he is making it more "messy". AND if he did really wanna contribute something (which I din see any in this case) , he could have easily started another thread.

*Btw, I would suggest if you dun have anything constructive to post, keep it to yourself, any issue, PM me, dun make this into a flaming thread.
I remove my post.

Sorry to disturb you.

Regards,
Arto.

I remove my post.

Sorry to disturb you.

Regards,
Arto.

No prob.
Perhaps I was being too crude/blunt but I really hope as fellow forumers, basic forum manners shld always be observed. U dun see me barging in or hijacking anyone else's thread. U also dun c me asking to be spoonfed for info without even doing some basic homework such as searching for similar info in this forum. I do appreciate all the info/advise given by the regulars here.

Status
Not open for further replies.