Dry Cabinet setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurred

Oct 1, 2006
Hi,

Juz brought a new dry cabinet, meter is not in digital form.

I read the instructions manual that my setting should be set at the middle between the Low and High humidity. I noticed on the meter, my RH% is reflected as 40, is this correct?

thxs.

Hoky

Mar 17, 2004
Singapore
hoky.multiply.com
Hi,

I read the instructions manual that my setting should be set at the middle between the Low and High humidity. I noticed on the meter, my RH% is reflected as 40, is this correct?

thxs.
I'm using a digi-cabi pro... and it recommended that relative humidity should be at 45% for cameras, lenses..

yyD70S

Dec 25, 2005
Singapore
Try to go no lower than your current setting -- RH% at 40.

Hi,

thxs.

blurred

Oct 1, 2006
Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it.:)

blurred

Oct 1, 2006
I have RTFM and it says 45-55% for camera equipment
you don't want the lubricants to dry up
I'm abit confused by the manual. let's say if i wanna increase my RH% to 45-55%, shld i adjust it to the H or L side?(right now it is in the middle with the meter showing 40%)

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
you have a 50% chance of getting it right

but i think it should be higher or lower humidity
so if right now it is 40% then i think you should adjust the humidity higher between 45% to 55%

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
I'm abit confused by the manual. let's say if i wanna increase my RH% to 45-55%, shld i adjust it to the H or L side?(right now it is in the middle with the meter showing 40%)
either you go left or go right, not so difficult, won't take you too long to figure out, and don't worry, nobody is gonne get hurt.

kelvgoh

Oct 3, 2006
Woodlands
kelvgoh.multiply.com
Set the knob around 9 o'clock. 40-50%RH is recommended for photography equipment. You also can check if your De-humidifier unit have a red LED and green LED. Set the green LED to dim.

Regards,
Arto.
Generally speaking, you don't want the RH to below 40% for most equipment. Besides drying the lubrication, there is also a chance of static build-up which can damage your equipment. The setting most recommended for equipment (including computer rooms) is a RH level of between 45%-55%.

Cheers

Kelvin

blurred

Oct 1, 2006
Ok guys...I think something is not rite with my dry cabinet

I tried adjusting more to the H, the RH% drops to 30%...thot it should go up to 40 n above (it was at 40 before I did any re-adjustment)

Does the RH% meter need to take some time before reflecting the actual readings?
I did not add or took anything out from it when I was doing the re-adjustment. Only thing that happen was tat the door was left open for about 15mins.

pHoenix

Sep 20, 2006
west
I have a problem, my dri-cabi never gives me 40-45%!

it always drops to 26% o_O

do you have to occassionally open the door to let in some humidity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom