Dry Cabinet RH remains at the same range

Status
Not open for further replies.

takeshi.lum

Jun 20, 2007
Hi all,

My dry cabinet is abt 2 months old and recently, it got a little cranky.

It will just stay at 30% to 40%, no matter i turn the knob to the extreme left or extreme right. The only way to increase the RH is to turn it off and wait until the RH is at 60% before turning it on again.

So is the cabinet spoilt or its the user's problem?

Hi all,

My dry cabinet is abt 2 months old and recently, it got a little cranky.

It will just stay at 30% to 40%, no matter i turn the knob to the extreme left or extreme right. The only way to increase the RH is to turn it off and wait until the RH is at 60% before turning it on again.

So is the cabinet spoilt or its the user's problem?

Maybe you may want to call up the supplier/mfg for advice. Sounds like it is faulty. How about the battery of the RH display? What is your Dry cabinet brand/model?

Maybe you may want to call up the supplier/mfg for advice. Sounds like it is faulty. How about the battery of the RH display? What is your Dry cabinet brand/model?

i havnt change the battery since its just around 2 mths old. mine is digicabi.

tomoro i give them a call to see if its the unit faulty or wat. quite bulky to lug it down to the service centre.

i havnt change the battery since its just around 2 mths old. mine is digicabi.

tomoro i give them a call to see if its the unit faulty or wat. quite bulky to lug it down to the service centre.

hohoho, the digicab 'free' battery stinks! :sweat:

Mine preciptated white crystals all over the inside of the display ;( ! Had to scrap all that crap off. Replaced it with something...more reliable, an energizer :thumbsup:

hmm.. maybe a change in battery will do? shall do it now!

thanks guys!

With what you indicate above, the meter or display should be still working. When you turn the knob of the RH control, did the Green LED change its brightness, if not that means the controller most likely a goner.

swap the batteries n turned the knob to extreme right. see if it does changes later on.

my LED is still changing accordingly when i turn the knob.

changed the battery for the display but its still displaying the same range.

turned the knob to the far ends and leave it for awhile but its staying at either 30%-32% or 40%-41%.

i think i need to dig the receipt n call them tomoro.

changed the battery for the display but its still displaying the same range.

turned the knob to the far ends and leave it for awhile but its staying at either 30%-32% or 40%-41%.

i think i need to dig the receipt n call them tomoro.

yea, can't be helped then :sweat:

Hi! sorry to "hijack" a little.. i'm encountering the same problem. :( just got my dry cabinet last 3days but the RH remains at the same range too when i switched on the power but its at 70%-79% onwards.. i've been reading up about dry cabinet that it takes a few hours or days to let the RH settle down.. but im quite worried though.. need help here.. THANKS!

Hi! sorry to "hijack" a little.. i'm encountering the same problem. :( just got my dry cabinet last 3days but the RH remains at the same range too when i switched on the power but its at 70%-79% onwards.. i've been reading up about dry cabinet that it takes a few hours or days to let the RH settle down.. but im quite worried though.. need help here.. THANKS!

hav u tried turning the knob to the extreme ends to test whether if it will go to the respective ranges?

for my digicabi (AD-70), my green light only comes on when i turn to about 4 or 5 o'clock position where it's near the max and it is off at all the other positions.

i think i have seen a few variations units leh.

however i can achieve about 45% at around 12 o'clock position.
according to my experience, the things you put inside the cabi also affects the RH value.

hav u tried turning the knob to the extreme ends to test whether if it will go to the respective ranges?

yeah i did for both ends then let it settle for a few hours but the range is still 70+%... it doesnt went down even slightly below 70%.. hmmm
and i didnt put anything yet inside to ensure my camera's safe =D

Last edited:
how abt the changing the battery of the sensor?

next time dun buy this brand liao, no matter how cheap it is.
Mine is 30L Digi-Cabi too. Having a lot of problems as well.

how abt the changing the battery of the sensor?

just changed the battery and waiting for the RH to lower down...
does the placing of dry cabinet affects the RH? im just wondering cos i placed it under my desk and non-aircon room :dunno:

Heya Takeshi,

How did your cabinet problem get resolved ? Just curious... ;)

for my digicabi (AD-70), my green light only comes on when i turn to about 4 or 5 o'clock position where it's near the max and it is off at all the other positions.

i think i have seen a few variations units leh.

however i can achieve about 45% at around 12 o'clock position.
according to my experience, the things you put inside the cabi also affects the RH value.

Hmm.... I'm using the AD070 too and I leave it at the 11 o-clock position with the green light barely on and it's about 35% to 42% RH..... Mine's under the study table in a cool area, and aircon's on only at nite tho.... green light is on past like 1 o-clock position.

Just to share...

Heya Takeshi,

How did your cabinet problem get resolved ? Just curious... ;)

i changed the sensor's battery on the advice of Daedalus Trent and it solved.

i placed mine under the study table, away from sunlight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.