Dry Cabinet Replacement Key

durianshells

Jan 11, 2007
Hi would like to ask has anyone lost key for dry cabinet for digicabi and can get replacement for them?

Borrow from a friend and copy.

Several different cabis I've tried (different lots, different sizes) all use the same exact key. :confused:

I can't guarantee that that would be the case for every piece, but there seems to be a trend. :bsmilie: Maybe you can try first and see if a friend's key works on yours?

yah....i had a 30L...now move to 60L and 70L....all can interchange.

TS, your home has people stealing the stuff from your dry cabi? :)
I don't even know where I placed the key. Hopefully somewhere inside the dry cabi! :)

On my Digi-cabi, it looks like one of those normal cam locks you can buy from a hardware store for a few dollars. Then you'll have a non-standard lock, which no other digi-cabi user can open! :) How's that for safety? ;)

TS, your home has people stealing the stuff from your dry cabi? :)
I don't even know where I placed the key. Hopefully somewhere inside the dry cabi! :)

On my Digi-cabi, it looks like one of those normal cam locks you can buy from a hardware store for a few dollars. Then you'll have a non-standard lock, which no other digi-cabi user can open! :) How's that for safety? ;)

Bro it is not about stealing.

It is about kids opening the cabs and helping themselves to the equipment... :bigeyes:

If you have old servers to be trashed, you can use the same locks...

Reactions: ddaktiv

It is about kids opening the cabs and helping themselves to the equipment... :bigeyes:

Agreed bro..

Another is when ur mother-in-law comes visit and ask " Can i put my chinese herbs in this cabinet" and start helping herself... :bigeyes:

TS, i still keep the spare key for my 30L Akarui when i upgrade to 50L.. To my amaze, i can still use it on my 50L..

Like what DM mentioned, go replicate using ur fren's copy

sorry :embrass: Didn't think of that!
No kids la..... hahahaha

sorry :embrass: Didn't think of that!
No kids la..... hahahaha

When I had my Digicabi 50L, my nephew will come and pull on the handle trying to open it, almost topple the dry cab. Now I upgrade to a 172L akarui, there is no door handle, and he leaves the dry cab alone.

And yes, the key from my dad's 172L akarui also work with mine.

And don't ask me why we need 344L worth of dry cab space in the same house... We both manage to fill our dry cabs up.... :bsmilie::eek:

Last edited:
2 x 172L????
my goodness...! like 2 small refrigerators! :bsmilie:

But you have to see our refrigerator at home... One of the biggest I have seen in my life, and my mom is contemplating on a 2nd fridge.

When I had my Digicabi 50L, my nephew will come and pull on the handle trying to open it, almost topple the dry cab. Now I upgrade to a 172L akarui, there is no door handle, and he leaves the dry cab alone.

And yes, the key from my dad's 172L akarui also work with mine.

And don't ask me why we need 344L worth of dry cab space in the same house... We both manage to fill our dry cabs up.... :bsmilie::eek:

2X172L~?! :thumbsup:

Wonder how full are they...

Can store several long tele bazooka lens..

2X172L~?! :thumbsup:

Wonder how full are they...

Can store several long tele bazooka lens..

We store a lot of things other than photography equipment in there. I think even my old ipod is in there. Some stuff no need dry cab also in there, just so when I load up my camera bag, I just need to load everything from one cabinate lor.

My dad's one more scary.. he's got 4 systems in his dry cab. And several very rare film PnS cameras inside. But recently, his drycab is getting lighter, as I am moving some of his Ai/Ais lenses to mine. :bsmilie:

what if the kids just happily jump on the cabinet in fury when they can't open it? :bsmilie:

what if the kids just happily jump on the cabinet in fury when they can't open it? :bsmilie:

Somehow my nephew ignores the cabinate with no handle. Luckily for me. And I am usually around to grab him if he tries something funny. ;)