Dry Cabinet Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ong_23

May 20, 2004
East
Hello,

I have 350D with kit lens, battery grip, flash and ipod.

From the item above, which Dry cabinet should I get?

I saw at Carrefour, selling 40L at S$98 and 60L at S$167.

Now still considering, experts here please advise.

Thanks n God bless

40l@s$98!!..

Hi Ong,

I think the 40L should be sufficient for you at this point. i am also new to DSLR and just bought my dry cabinet last week. The salesperson told me a 40L one can hold up to 2 bodies and around 4-5 lens.. Hope my info is of use to you.

Hi Ong
From experience, the bigger ones may not be ideal because it takes quite long for the machine to bring down the humidity level. Get one that can house the body and your lenses neatly and shd you need space, get another one. The bigger the volume, the longer it takes to dehumidifer....and maintain it between >40 to <60%.

Think it's 30L for S$98 or S$99.

Ong_23 said:
Hello,

I have 350D with kit lens, battery grip, flash and ipod.

From the item above, which Dry cabinet should I get?

I saw at Carrefour, selling 40L at S$98 and 60L at S$167.

Now still considering, experts here please advise.

Thanks n God bless

cool, didnt noe carrefour selling dry cabs. Am looking for one too. Which carrefour btw ?

shadie said:
cool, didnt noe carrefour selling dry cabs. Am looking for one too. Which carrefour btw ?

the one at suntec does have some dry cabis for sale at level 2. not too sure bout other carrefours.

is it the 30L or 40L that's going for less than $100?

longkangman said:
unless you want very good and expensive than go to CP. :)

I dont need very expensive one. I would rather save up to buy other lens.

Anyway, Thank's for all of your advice.... God bless:)

aaron80 said:
Hi Ong,

I think the 40L should be sufficient for you at this point. i am also new to DSLR and just bought my dry cabinet last week. The salesperson told me a 40L one can hold up to 2 bodies and around 4-5 lens.. Hope my info is of use to you.

Did you buy from Carrefour too?

Now I am also confused if the one selling at S$98 is 30L or 40L.

If you guys plan on upgrading to more in the near future, go for a good one and dun scrimp on this necessary piece of equipment.

Cheers,

yyD70S said:
It should be 30L.

I hope it is... I just purchased my 30L digi-cabi from Digihub at $99, inclusive of GST and delivery!

In it, I have my D50 with Kit lens and an additional lens, a sony videocam (compact size) and DV tapes, an Olympus PnS digital cam and still got space to spare.

Hope this helps.

superfly said:
I hope it is... I just purchased my 30L digi-cabi from Digihub at $99, inclusive of GST and delivery!

In it, I have my D50 with Kit lens and an additional lens, a sony videocam (compact size) and DV tapes, an Olympus PnS digital cam and still got space to spare.

Hope this helps.

how did u place an order? do digihub have a webby ? :dunno:

shadie said:

Coincidentally, I also saw those digi dry cabinets yesterday during lunch time at Carefour Plaza Singapura when I was trying to look for something else.

However, I think other Carefour outlets should also have.

I didn't take a close look but I just noticed that the biggest one (which has a model containing 80) was $208 while the next biggest one (model no. has 60) was about $160+.

For the other 2 smaller ones, I remember seeing 46 and 36 in their model no. and I just remember that the smallest one was $90+.

Ong_23 said:
Did you buy from Carrefour too?

Now I am also confused if the one selling at S$98 is 30L or 40L.

I bought mine from Digihub, its $98 and weight 12kg. Should be 30L..:)

shadie said:
how did u place an order? do digihub have a webby ? :dunno:

Go to their website and ask for an equote, then they will email you to take your order. They deliver within a couple of days after taking your order. Quite efficient :thumbsup:

Their website is http://www.digihub.com.sg

superfly said:
Go to their website and ask for an equote, then they will email you to take your order. They deliver within a couple of days after taking your order. Quite efficient :thumbsup:

Their website is http://www.digihub.com.sg

ok, mailed them yesterday and i got a reply from them arnd afternoon today. Quite efficient indeed. Thanks for the url but i did a search using google :p

shadie said:
ok, mailed them yesterday and i got a reply from them arnd afternoon today. Quite efficient indeed. Thanks for the url but i did a search using google :p

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.