Dry Cabinet question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bathtub81

Aug 30, 2008
Hi,

Just bought a dry cabinet. Just wanna ask is it advisible to leave it in aircon room? The aircon will be on every night at super low temperature. Do I have to adjust the setting off n on? :D

Ty for the help. Im new to this..

Should be ok. I'm in the same situation. Just keep it plugged in.

Last edited:
Hi,

it should be ok so long as the humidity level of the drycabi is at the suitable range.

Ty for ur quick reply ;p

COz when we on aircon, its like freezer...super cold. Just afraid of the hot n cold difference. Thanks ^^

Definitely ok :) By the way, an aircon room usually has lower humidity than 45% or so which is what most people set their dry cabinets at. So your dry cabinet will retain humidity at keep it level at the configuration you set.

Hi,

Just bought a dry cabinet. Just wanna ask is it advisible to leave it in aircon room? The aircon will be on every night at super low temperature. Do I have to adjust the setting off n on? :D

Ty for the help. Im new to this..

my cabinet is in my room for 4 years now on march and my room always in AC most of the time and had no problems whatsoever. ;) so i guess it should be ok.

U guys are cool! Really appreciate all the quick replies :thumbsup:

Ty for ur quick reply ;p
COz when we on aircon, its like freezer...super cold. Just afraid of the hot n cold difference. Thanks ^^
Care to share why you are doing this? If you describe it already as 'freezer' then you admit that it's actually not convenient to you. Why this waste of energy and money? Your cameras don't need cold air and for beer there is a fridge :)

OK, here we go again. Keeping dry cabinets with arctic inhabitants and later face fog condensation on the filter when the cam is taken out of the room. :bsmilie:

This trend of keeping polar bears and penguins at home is catchy.

This trend of keeping polar bears and penguins at home is catchy.
Keeping penguins and little red devils is fine with me. But Linux doesn't require such low temperatures :lovegrin:

Care to share why you are doing this? If you describe it already as 'freezer' then you admit that it's actually not convenient to you. Why this waste of energy and money? Your cameras don't need cold air and for beer there is a fridge :)

I dont have place to put the cabient except in the room, n aircon will be on at nite...so im left with no choice. ;p

I dont have place to put the cabient except in the room, n aircon will be on at nite...so im left with no choice. ;p

I was merely wondering about the choice of temperature, not the location.

deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.