Dry Cabinet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2005
hey cs folks, i encountered this problem with my newly bought dry cabinet (i think the brand is akurai if i remember correctly). i noted even when i switch the humidity button to "M", i dun get the humidity maintains at 45% - 50%, as it will initially come down from 70% (normal outdoor humidity) to 30%, and stay at 30%. It is currently located in aircon room (but air con only on at nite), not sure if you guys experience this b4.

Pls advise. :dunno:

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
MuthuCurry said:
hey cs folks, i encountered this problem with my newly bought dry cabinet (i think the brand is akurai if i remember correctly). i noted even when i switch the humidity button to "M", i dun get the humidity maintains at 45% - 50%, as it will initially come down from 70% (normal outdoor humidity) to 30%, and stay at 30%. It is currently located in aircon room (but air con only on at nite), not sure if you guys experience this b4.

Pls advise. :dunno:
I think there should be markings say "Hi", "M", "Lo".
If "M" sets u 30%, then u would need to adjust to somewhere between "M" & "Hi". to achieve your desired 45%-50% humidity.

marlin

Jan 24, 2002
AMK
Visit site
my cabinet is the bossmen brand..also have the same problem as yours ,it will stay at 30%. My switch though has the L, M and H, it is USELESS! It functions as though it's a on or off function. I turned it to H and use a electronic timer at the power plug to control instead

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
hey brother, i used to have the same problem with u. bring ur hygrometer to CP and change. setting to M and leave it for a few hours.. it should settle between 45 to 55%. i don't have air con in my room but i read that u shouldn't place it directly such that the air con is blowing at the cabinet.
good luck! i spent 3 days getting this right!

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hi drumma, good to hear that your cabianet is working fine now. So, from now on, you are the un-official dry cabinet adviser! :bsmilie:

Aug 2, 2005
i actually went back and change the hygrometer and the motor in there. it still no help. i guess when the air con is on, it lowers the humidity in the dry cabinet to 30%, even i set it to "M", as the humidity in the dry cabinet does not increase (as it is sealed), so it will always remain at 30%. think there is no remedy to this problem ..

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
mine is set between M and H and it stays at 50% most of the time. sometimes it just drops a lil to 40% and goes back to 50% in an hour.
try putting 2-3 book inside.. see if it goes in between 40% to 60%. set it a lil over M towards H. let it run for a night and see what happens.
is ur air con blowing at the cabinet? make sure that it doesn't blow at the cabinet.

Aug 2, 2005
it is right under the air con but not face direct to the aircon.

tried to put few books inside, it was up to 50plus then fell to 30% also, start wondering if my room really tt dry or not.. :dunno:

sillyme

Sep 27, 2003
Potong Pasir
Is it possible that the hygrometer is not calibrated properly? Try to get your hands on a standalone hygrometer and see if the readings are similiar.

drumma

Jan 5, 2005
Oulu, Finland, Finland
www.wongliji.com
huh? it just might be that the hygrometer is spoilt again?
bought at CP right? got test the replaced hygrometer there or not?
u might just want to do some tapping of the hygrometer..........(that was 1 one of the things i did.. but now no more because it is working!)
if not, get a digital hygrometer. i'm suspecting that u might have a faulty hygrometer. have u set it to over M?

marlin

Jan 24, 2002
AMK
Visit site
drumma said:
huh? it just might be that the hygrometer is spoilt again?
bought at CP right? got test the replaced hygrometer there or not?
u might just want to do some tapping of the hygrometer..........(that was 1 one of the things i did.. but now no more because it is working!)
if not, get a digital hygrometer. i'm suspecting that u might have a faulty hygrometer. have u set it to over M?
I am using a digital hydrometer as well as the analog digimeter.My analog meter gives me the the error reading. I have tested the digtal hydrometer with the salt test method and it is proven accurate. You can use the salt test method to test ur meters . I don't really trust those analog meters unless calibrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom