Dry cabinet issue

YuccaTheFlower

Mar 10, 2010
Hidden beneath the viewfinder
Been looking around the forums for problems with the dry cabinet, hunted pass a few pages and couldn't find anything suitable.

My Akarui dry cabi has been in used for a year, and recently, even when i had not opened the door for a week, the humidity in it rises and it even rises till around 60, and the light comes on and it starts to run.

This isn't normal dry cabinet procedure right, cause before when i never opened it, the humidity level would not rise?

Advice is much appreciated. Thanks

I think it is time to service your dry cabinet . . . you can unscrew the humidity box inside to send for service.

Hope this help.

But the thing i'm worried about that, it may not be the humidity box that is faulty, seems to be that there be air entering

bring the humidity box, ask them check.. then tell them the problem.. they should figure out what it is.. then

if after service still got problem then bring the whole box down for them lor.. under warranty right??

bring the humidity box, ask them check.. then tell them the problem.. they should figure out what it is.. then

if after service still got problem then bring the whole box down for them lor.. under warranty right??

Nah too troublesome to go down twice. Cant remember whether or not its a 5 year warranty. lol.

It should be 5 years warranty. I have an Akarui too. =)

Been looking around the forums for problems with the dry cabinet, hunted pass a few pages and couldn't find anything suitable.

My Akarui dry cabi has been in used for a year, and recently, even when i had not opened the door for a week, the humidity in it rises and it even rises till around 60, and the light comes on and it starts to run.

This isn't normal dry cabinet procedure right, cause before when i never opened it, the humidity level would not rise?

Advice is much appreciated. Thanks

Its probably normal. Im using akarui too. Depending on your setting for the dial, mine is at 'M' and is comfortably hovering between 40-45RH. When RH is met, the red led light goes off.

I do not pay particular attention to it much but most of the time the red light is off. Even when I do not open the door for like a day or two. There will come a time when the red led light turns on by itself (assuming the humidifier is doing its job) and eventually goes off once the RH is achieved.

The cabinet is not air-tight, so even when the door is closed, the outside air will still seep in slowly.

Not sure where your dial is set at, Cathay told me to put it at 'M' and its has been between 40-45 on the hygro display all these while since I bought it.

its 5yrs warranty.

my akarui dry cabinet also stopped working shortly after i bought it.. the humidity refused to drop lower than 60%. i took the whole thing to the cathay photo service centre (i bought it form Harvey Norman, but was told to bring it to CP) and they took it in for servicing, no questions asked. i got it back in a week. the only trouble is that you would have to go down there twice.

Its probably normal. Im using akarui too. Depending on your setting for the dial, mine is at 'M' and is comfortably hovering between 40-45RH. When RH is met, the red led light goes off.

I do not pay particular attention to it much but most of the time the red light is off. Even when I do not open the door for like a day or two. There will come a time when the red led light turns on by itself (assuming the humidifier is doing its job) and eventually goes off once the RH is achieved.

The cabinet is not air-tight, so even when the door is closed, the outside air will still seep in slowly.

Not sure where your dial is set at, Cathay told me to put it at 'M' and its has been between 40-45 on the hygro display all these while since I bought it.

its 5yrs warranty.
I set it to below M, but my setting isn't wrong. The cabinet should be air tight right, so air won't seep in.

my akarui dry cabinet also stopped working shortly after i bought it.. the humidity refused to drop lower than 60%. i took the whole thing to the cathay photo service centre (i bought it form Harvey Norman, but was told to bring it to CP) and they took it in for servicing, no questions asked. i got it back in a week. the only trouble is that you would have to go down there twice.

Hmm, mine sort of overworks, seems air keeps seeping in when it has never before

Hi all,

My Digi Cabi lights (red and green) have been turned on since day one (which I bought from someone else) and the RH is around 43% to 45% depending on the environment temp. Is it alright for both of the light to be lighted throughout? Many Thanks :confused:

Hi all,

My Digi Cabi lights (red and green) have been turned on since day one (which I bought from someone else) and the RH is around 43% to 45% depending on the environment temp. Is it alright for both of the light to be lighted throughout? Many Thanks :confused:

"since day one" is how many days ago? Both lights will be on until the humidity level set is reached. Thereafter there should be only one light. Note it may take up to 24 hours for the cabinet to stabilise for an Akarui. After it has stablised, there will still be fluctuations in humidity and the red light will go on and off periodically sometimes from day to day.

The light wasn't off since day one when I brought it..... Being on for half year long... Is it different from Akarui?

The light wasn't off since day one when I brought it..... Being on for half year long... Is it different from Akarui?

Digi cab is different from akarui.. red light is the power, which will be on all the time.. green light is the humidity level... it will either be brighter or dimmer depending on which direction you turn the dial...

don't worry, if there are any problems just call them... go warranty everything oso can talk.. no warranty only money can talk..

Last edited:

Mis-read your statement. Yes, a digi cab lights work differently from an Akarui. For digi, both lights should stay on permanently.

I set it to below M, but my setting isn't wrong. The cabinet should be air tight right, so air won't seep in.

Hmm, mine sort of overworks, seems air keeps seeping in when it has never before

Supposed to be air tight in principle (with the rubber seals at the door). If your red light is perpetually on most of the time, its overworking and air is going in from somewhere or the dehumidifier might be spoilt. I've been using it for nearly 2 years now.

Bring down to cathay if yours is under warranty.

Digi cab is different from akarui.. red light is the power, which will be on all the time.. green light is the humidity level... it will either be brighter or dimmer depending on which direction you turn the dial...

don't worry, if there are any problems just call them... go warranty everything oso can talk.. no warranty only money can talk..

Hi Enzeru21,
Thanks for the sharing. ;)

Mis-read your statement. Yes, a digi cab lights work differently from an Akarui. For digi, both lights should stay on permanently.

Hi Daoyin,

Also Thank for your valuable sharing. :D