Dry cabinet issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

iliketea

Mar 16, 2009
Hi I need some help here.

I just bought the Akarui analogue dry cabinet. I set the switch to "M"... It's about the 3rd day now and the RH reading has dropped and stabled at a little below 40. Is this a good RH to maintain? I thought I read somewhere here that it is good to keep between 45-50... What can I do?

Thanks!

I bought a dry cabinet 1 week ago. According to the instructions. RH 40 to 50 is good for camera products.:thumbsup:

The manual say 40% to 55% for camera.

I just bought the Akarui analogue dry cabinet. I set the switch to "M"... It's about the 3rd day now and the RH reading has dropped and stabled at a little below 40. Is this a good RH to maintain? I thought I read somewhere here that it is good to keep between 45-50... What can I do?

Isn't there any manual to read? It should tell you which target RH to use for different purposes and also how to adjust the cabinet.

i have an akarui dry cabi as well.. i normally set it to in between M and H so that the reading is normally 50.. hope this helps

i have an akarui dry cabi as well.. i normally set it to in between M and H so that the reading is normally 50.. hope this helps

If you open the door of cabinet regularly, M setting will be better.

Below 40% is usually not recommended as your camera's zoom/MF rings may get quite stiff or so I read.

Below 40% is usually not recommended as your camera's zoom/MF rings may get quite stiff or so I read.

it is touted to dry up lubricants used in the camera/lens, whatever...

anyways, not hard to keep it between 40-50.

anybody knows why 40% - 50% is recommended? my engineer brain tells me that it would be good to be as low as possible - less humidity = less chances of fungi growth & less corrosion

Too dry seals and lubricants dry up; too moist and you will have fungus or corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.