Dry cabinet internal setup

sadper

Apr 18, 2012
Hi recently some1 post this question to me.
Even though I have answer him but I still want to ensure that the things I done is correct.

The question is.
1) Should the lens be placing standing up (vertical) in the dry box or lying down (horizontal)?
2) Since there are a few trays in the cabinet, which level is recommended to store the lens and the body.
3) Can fungus lens/camera be store in the same dry cabinet as those lenses without fungus?
4) If yes to Q3, then can it be place side by side with the other lens that is without fungus?
5) So the remaining space can it be use to store the accessories or keep the cabinet as spacious as possible?

1) Doesn't matter. Dry cabinets have an upper tray with preformed foam, quite suggestive I would say.
2) None and all. See answer to #1. Equipment does not suffer from altitude sickness.
3) Yes, can. But better to get equipment cleaned soonest.
4) Yes. Fungus does not jump or crawl. Clean equipment also have fungus spores inside already, waiting for good conditions to grow.
5) Whatever you want. Whether an accessory items should be stored inside or not can be found in the manual, storage conditions. Everything else is your own choice. Some people just prefer to have everything in one place.

Last edited:
Thanks for e reply. As for Q5, I think if e dry cabinet is fully pack then e flow will be block and it may affect the effect of the dry cabinet. Meaning just like a fridge-freezer thing.

Thanks for e reply. As for Q5, I think if e dry cabinet is fully pack then e flow will be block and it may affect the effect of the dry cabinet. Meaning just like a fridge-freezer thing.
No, your dry cabinet is not a freezer and does not work this way. Lenses do not need to get shock-dried. It simply does not matter whether the last corner has target RH within 6h or 12h. A dry cabinet is for long term storage, once we talk about weeks and months.

My dry cabinet was jam packed perviously, all the items stack inside like tetris blocks.
the dry cabinet is still working fine, nothing happen to my gears, just that I have to play sokoban everytime I take out some less use items.

My dry cabinet was jam packed perviously, all the items stack inside like tetris blocks.
the dry cabinet is still working fine, nothing happen to my gears, just that I have to play sokoban everytime I take out some less use items.

Bro catchlights, maybe its time to offload some of your gears to some of the bros here? :bsmilie:

Bro catchlights, maybe its time to offload some of your gears to some of the bros here? :bsmilie:

Hey Thoth, you can check the BnS section.

Hey Catchlights, how long is your dry cabinet kept packed?

many years....

as in today, it is still consider very packed to some people standard.

Hi Catchlights, possible to post a pic of your dry cabinet setup internally?

I think you should stop worrying about your dry cabinet. It comes with some drawers, pack your stuff in, set the RH and leave it.

why would anyone be interested of what I have? I don't have tons of camera gears anyway.

drycab-lvl1.jpg

drycab-lvl2.jpg