Dry Cabinet in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

standingup

Nov 21, 2006
Singapore
Dear brothers,

My problem is I am going to Italy for about more than 1 year. And I am not going to bring my electronic dry cabinet to Italy because it's very heavy. Could you please some guys here recommend me the best way to store our gears during the time we travel in EU. I am worried that during that such long period time staying out my cabinet, my lenses get fungus..
I am thinking to get a small one during the time I stay in Italy. But I still need some advices.

Thank you very much..

How humid is it in Italy? I don't imagine the RH to be anywhere near Singapore (correct me if I'm wrong).

Dry cabs are pretty much only used in humid areas. Before i joined this forum, i had no idea what a dry cabinet as they just aren't required in locations which aren't humid.

hello bro,

Italy is consider under "dry area", should be quite safe for photography equipment.... If I am not wrong some of the photographer in those area are not aware of dry cabinet as well.

dont worry... and do more shooting Italy is a very nice place... :thumbsup:

Regards,
yk200

Yeah..thanks alot for your relies..Er..I think I only bring a dry box there. In case, i feel the RH is high, I will buy a dry cabinet hor..

Thanks alot and have a nice day ahead...

Regards,

It is not neccessary to bring any dry box to Italy. In fact the Italian camera shop may not even know what is a dry box or dry cabinet. You will not have any problem with fungus there.

bring a dry box together with a dehumifier. Dry the dehumifier and put it inside the dry box togther with your lens.

I visited Venice, Italy several times as my ex-company is about 150km from there. The weather is mostly dry. So not to worry much.

Where or which part of Italy you will be staying?

Thanks for your information, Sumo...I am going to Milan..:(

Status
Not open for further replies.