Dry cabinet in a room where humidity fluctuate?

denisme

Aug 5, 2009
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a dry cabinet soon, considering digital/ analogue.

I understand that digital is "set and forget", so the humidity in the cabinet is always regulated to the preset value.

I have a dehumidifier in my room (the room's rh goes up to 85% sometimes!!), so the humidity in my room fluctuate from 85% to 50% depending on whether the dehumidifier is turned on.

So the question it, will there be a problem using the analogue dry cabinet in this room? Will the humidity in the cabinet fluctuate with the surrounding environment as well?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a dry cabinet soon, considering digital/ analogue.

I understand that digital is "set and forget", so the humidity in the cabinet is always regulated to the preset value.

I have a dehumidifier in my room (the room's rh goes up to 85% sometimes!!), so the humidity in my room fluctuate from 85% to 50% depending on whether the dehumidifier is turned on.

So the question it, will there be a problem using the analogue dry cabinet in this room? Will the humidity in the cabinet fluctuate with the surrounding environment as well?

Thank you.

the humidity level is air tight within your dry cabinet, so I dun think the humidity level outside your dry cabinet matters unless your dry cabinet is "leaking".

the humidity level is air tight within your dry cabinet, so I dun think the humidity level outside your dry cabinet matters unless your dry cabinet is "leaking".
Dry cabinets are far from being air tight. Outside fluctuations do affect the inside humidity. But as long as the inside conditions are below or equal the recommended value (~45%) there is no need to worry.

dosent matter whats the RH outside. As long you set your dry cabinet to the RH range you want. The dry cabinet will just keep working on it and maintain the RH that you've set.