Dry Cabinet i saw at Carre Four 50L - $99


Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Senior Member
Aug 11, 2003
988
0
16
31
#2
just bought 30L oylmpus dry cabi at $70 at AP... quite good... maintaing at 48%
 

#4
sulhan said:
Hiee....

Just saw some 50L dry cabinets at Carrefour Suntec.... $99....
looks good.....with 5 yrs warranty....its the analog version of the digi-cabi
distributed locally by www.digihub.com.sg .....

rgds,
me
Hello sulhan,
is this dry cabinet good enough? thinking of getting another cos running out of space...

TIA,
iz
 

coke21

New Member
May 12, 2003
706
0
0
42
East
Visit site
#5
I use a Digicabi form Carrefour also. Have no problems with it at all.
Mine uses the analogue RH indicator.
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#6
always get a separate digital hygrometer to countercheck cos these analog dial hygrometers bundled with the cabinet are sometimes quite off. mine was off by about 10% when i first bought my digi-hygro to check and i had to re-cal it :)
 

teerex

New Member
Mar 10, 2003
4,883
0
0
Singapore
#7
vince123123 said:
always get a separate digital hygrometer to countercheck cos these analog dial hygrometers bundled with the cabinet are sometimes quite off. mine was off by about 10% when i first bought my digi-hygro to check and i had to re-cal it :)
Can you please advise where to buy the digital ones. TIA
 

V

vince123123

Guest
#8
all hardware stores will have it. some photo shops like fotohub has it too.


teerex said:
Can you please advise where to buy the digital ones. TIA
 

SuRfTeC

New Member
Oct 17, 2003
371
0
0
Singapore, East
Visit site
#10
im using a digi-cabi dry cabinet too...
have no problem with it and it can go as low as 35% RH

i guess the 50L sold at carrefour is a good buy... :thumbsup:

go get it!!

cheers
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#12
Just got it today :) looks ok, but think the analog RH is not very accurate, out of the box it's already at 65%.

Not very heavy too for a 50L. But the boot of the car can only fit 1.
 

Kho King

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
2,513
0
0
41
shashinki.com
#13
I am confused. Is this S$99 drybox an electric drybox but with analog meter? Can someone post a pic of it?
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#14
It's an electronic dry cabinet with analog meter branded as Everone. There's another brand Digi-Cabi at Carrefour, 30L @ $148, with digital meter.

Inside the box for the Everone brand, however, is 2 manuals, one is for Digi-Cabi and the other is for Everone, they have the same manuals just that the name was printed differently on each manual.

Think can conclude safely this is a Digi-Cabi OEM? :) And oh yes, 5 yrs warranty as sulhan mentioned. Attached is a shot of it.

 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
39
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
#15
espn said:
Inside the box for the Everone brand, however, is 2 manuals, one is for Digi-Cabi and the other is for Everone, they have the same manuals just that the name was printed differently on each manual.
u mean sometimes they print D100 on the manual cover? :bsmilie:
 

SNAG

Senior Member
Jun 14, 2002
1,644
0
36
33
Visit site
#16
Just to ask, what's probably the difference between a cheap and expensive dry cabinet?

I'm looking at getting another one, but I don't think I got enough moola to buy another Toyo Living cabinet... :(
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#18
$149 original price, $99 is the promotional price :) I have no idea when the promotion will end, there's still about 15 there when I took my set.
 

HelmetBox

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,324
0
0
#19
SNAG said:
Just to ask, what's probably the difference between a cheap and expensive dry cabinet?

I'm looking at getting another one, but I don't think I got enough moola to buy another Toyo Living cabinet... :(
difference is price :D

It's the brand. I bought my olympus 30L from AP for $70. DIY shops and carrefour sells EXACTLY the same dry box but different brand at $128....... I couldn't comprehend either.......

Go grab the 50L. $99 bucks is worth it!

BUY BUY BUY!
 

HelmetBox

New Member
Sep 9, 2003
1,324
0
0
#20
espn said:
Just got it today :) looks ok, but think the analog RH is not very accurate, out of the box it's already at 65%.

Not very heavy too for a 50L. But the boot of the car can only fit 1.
Urrr... sorry, when you say out of the box do you mean when you first bought it? If so then its not plugged in so the RH 65% should be normal?

Anyway no worries, even for digital RH meters, there is also at least 5-10% error. Unless you are willing to spend on a super sensitive RH meter, no matter digital or analog they will both be about the same.

Cheers! And I have to say again, $99 for 50L damn cheap! hehehe.......
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom