Dry Cabinet, Flash and Tripod

wmyeo

Jan 29, 2010
SG, North Eastern End
Hi guys,

I am currently indecisive of which of the above, as mentioned in the thread title, should I be getting first. :sweat:

I take a lot of potrait shots of my baby girl but would like to go into the area of long exposure and multiple exposure.

Not sure if it is wise to buy all at one go or slowly build up the inventory..

What say you??? :bsmilie:

Cheers.

Hi,

My 2 cents worth of thought...

I suggest go for Flash and Tripod 1st, since you mentioned about taking long exp and multi-exp.

As for dry cab, CP has promo occasionally, publish in ST sometimes on Wed or Thurs, also for tripods too... Check out the papers...

For me, I would say prevention first. So Dry cab first. And it is not that ex. The small 30L ones are like $108.

Get dry cab first, safeguard ur investments, should be in ur mindset.. or at least get a Dry box (cheaper alternative) It aint cost that much for a Dry Cab nwadays btw..

Then tripod.. Quality yet affortable ones like Sirui will set u back only 100+

Cost of getting Flash will at least equates or exceeds getting dry cab + tripod, which based on ur current requirements, should be the last of ur priority..

Just my 2 cents worth

HTH :)

Hi,

My 2 cents worth of thought...

I suggest go for Flash and Tripod 1st, since you mentioned about taking long exp and multi-exp.

As for dry cab, CP has promo occasionally, publish in ST sometimes on Wed or Thurs, also for tripods too... Check out the papers...

For me, I would say prevention first. So Dry cab first. And it is not that ex. The small 30L ones are like $108.

Get dry cab first, safeguard ur investments, should be in ur mindset.. or at least get a Dry box (cheaper alternative) It aint cost that much for a Dry Cab nwadays btw..

Then tripod.. Quality yet affortable ones like Sirui will set u back only 100+

Cost of getting Flash will at least equates or exceeds getting dry cab + tripod, which based on ur current requirements, should be the last of ur priority..

Just my 2 cents worth

HTH :)

Thanks for your time and input.

A dry cabinet has always been, somewhat, on top of the list. I feel very uncomfortable to have my gear kept in camera bag only. Only problem is where to house it at home where it is near a power socket... :dunno: Will need to first sort that out...

Thanks again for your input. ;)

Hi guys,

I am currently indecisive of which of the above, as mentioned in the thread title, should I be getting first. :sweat:

I take a lot of potrait shots of my baby girl but would like to go into the area of long exposure and multiple exposure.

Not sure if it is wise to buy all at one go or slowly build up the inventory..

What say you??? :bsmilie:

Cheers.

It's probably not very good to be blasting your baby girl with a flash. Since her eyes will still be developing, bursts of lights could cause problems.

Instead, should try to be shooting her with ambient light.

Start with dry cabinet, tripod for the long exposures and then a flash.

It's probably not very good to be blasting your baby girl with a flash. Since her eyes will still be developing, bursts of lights could cause problems.

Start with dry cabinet, tripod for the long exposures and then a flash.

Thanks for the input :)

Neither is it a good idea to blast any adult with a flash - none of the images will look good. Apart from that, it's an old myth that flash will be harmful to the eyes. Generations of kids would have serious damages already if there were any truth in it.
Diffused flash light (using diffuser, bounce card, bounce technique) is generally preferable to get a natural looking image.

Neither is it a good idea to blast any adult with a flash - none of the images will look good. Apart from that, it's an old myth that flash will be harmful to the eyes. Generations of kids would have serious damages already if there were any truth in it.
Diffused flash light (using diffuser, bounce card, bounce technique) is generally preferable to get a natural looking image.

Thanks for your input. :)

Flash is used in fundus photography, where a flash of light is used to illuminate the back of the eye so the camera can capture an image of it. The only 'negative' effect is that the flash bleaches the photoreceptors in the retina thus giving an afterimage of the flash :)

Anyway, they use a dSLR to capture the image ;) ;)
fundus-machine.jpg

Flash is used in fundus photography, where a flash of light is used to illuminate the back of the eye so the camera can capture an image of it. The only 'negative' effect is that the flash bleaches the photoreceptors in the retina thus giving an afterimage of the flash :)

Anyway, they use a dSLR to capture the image ;) ;)
fundus-machine.jpg

Thanks for sharing. :)