dry cabinet enquiries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
I have a few enquiries about dry cabinet (those electronic one)

1) shld i take out my battery from flash unit and camera?

2) shld i put the battery into the dry box? (to prevent battery contact from oxidation?) or put battery outside the dry cabinet?

3) is it ok to put the dry cabinet under my PC? (static?)

4) shld i take off the lens from the body when i put them into the cabinet?

5) shld i take off the memory card when i put the camera in the cabinet?

i am wondering too ..the reason for taking out the memory card when put in dry cabinet?

also, if put battery in dry cabinet, , if it leaks , then how? :sweat:

as far as i am concerned, question 1 is most pertinent. the answer can only be yes.

Abt memory card, I usually take it out to aviod any possibility of electrostatic overcharge damage. (very small chance only)
Abt battery leak, if it leaks, I would rather it leaks in the dry cabinet than leaks inside the camera.

I would prefer storing the lens attached myself. Removing and attaching unnecessarily would just invite more dust and foreign particles into the CCD chamber.

i have a dry cabinet.... but i tend not to keep my main camera insde... but alwiz in my camera bag.... as for lenses wise... will dump all inside...Batteries will be take out.. to prevent leak....

as for CF card, i will leave it in my camera.... coz i dun like to take the in/out of the camera.... the spare CF will be inside the cabinet... as well as some of my unused film.....but some of my B&W film and 120s i place them in my fridge...

Batteries must be taken out of the flash even if you don't put it in the dry cabi
Film is kept in the fridge
no reason to remove the lens from the camera

My camera is kept in my bag and when I am out thebag is with me, 24/7
Cheers.

ortega said:
Batteries must be taken out of the flash even if you don't put it in the dry cabi
Film is kept in the fridge
no reason to remove the lens from the camera

My camera is kept in my bag and when I am out thebag is with me, 24/7
Cheers.
No wounder your bag so old lah.

can make tonic soup izit?
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

It time for you to get a new bag liao. ;)

Btw, did a research on dry cabinet, in the Army they don’t use dry cabinet at all, they just light a 5w bulb in the cabinet which store binoculars or other optical equipments, it works.

And than I research in the net, many people in other countries also use this cheap alternative.

How you hear about this? Any comments? :think:

can the dry cabinet store Old dollar notes?
Will it cause the notes to be too dry?

How about CR-R/CD-RW? Will it cause any data loss if place it inside dry cabinet over a period of time? :dunno:

i am curious too about dry cabinet effect have on old dollar notes and CDR discs. :think:

catchlights said:
It time for you to get a new bag liao. ;)

Btw, did a research on dry cabinet, in the Army they don’t use dry cabinet at all, they just light a 5w bulb in the cabinet which store binoculars or other optical equipments, it works.

And than I research in the net, many people in other countries also use this cheap alternative.

How you hear about this? Any comments? :think:

my dad did it with a 60w, guess what, i have no SLR inherited from him.

someone told me that he uses a type of tube(like fluorescent tube) powered by low electricity in his cupboard. he claimed that it is cost effective.

Belle&Sebastain said:
my dad did it with a 60w, guess what, i have no SLR inherited from him.
Maybe your father think 60w will be more powerful, may even work better, :bigeyes: but what I found out others are using 5W only.

The store of local Army, also using the same method to store optical equipments.

Beside you know army style lah, if the things don't work, some one head will kena chop off, they don't play play one. :nono:

calisc said:
For the lenses that are not stored attached to a camera body, should they be kept in their pouches before putting into the dry cabi??? :think:

most kinds of fabrics retain much moisture. if pouches are made of fabric, it is best to leave them outside the dry cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.