Dry cabinet colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiojack

Jan 12, 2009
Hi there I just bought myself a dry cabinet DB-036 and I was quite confused on the humidity meter...the instruction manual states the same here: http://www.digihub.com.sg/userguide.htm

But the humidity gauge is like this (I took a picture lol)

http://g.imageshack.us/img111/dsc02173ne4.jpg/1/

Mine reads 67% EH and 28 degrees temp now. The instruction manual I received seems its for the AD version where there are A,B,C indicators but I dont see it here. Where do I go from here? All I see is the colors Red,Blue,Green. I searched google and some threads in CS..what I read is red is more dry and green is less dry and some said set it to 9' clock position to get a pretty accurate 45% RH while at this position, the green light fades away. Want to make sure is this true? or is it true for the AD versions only? And how long would be required to achieve a 45% RH from almost 70% RH? Thanks guys!

Test first...

turn it all the way to the right and wait for about an hour... does the humidity drop?? Or rise?

Turn to the correct direction and adjust accordingly until the humidity is correct.

Also note that you'd need to load the cabinet to get a proper reading in the end as an empty cabinet will be different from a loaded one.

Ya now I am testing..yesterday left it overnight at 12 o clock position.. this morning check its around 55RH..will continue to monitor later at night...may I ask what colours do A,B,C represent? And whether red is more dry and green is less dry?

Ya now I am testing..yesterday left it overnight at 12 o clock position.. this morning check its around 55RH..will continue to monitor later at night...may I ask what colours do A,B,C represent? And whether red is more dry and green is less dry?

my setting around there also, if u want lower reading turn right

the cabinet needs to be 'season' first. makes no sense of setting the RH for 1 whole day and then placing in your equipment later. the best way? put in all your stuff, set it to the red zone and moniter it. after the RH is settle down and then turn it to the 12oclock position.

the cabinet needs to be 'season' first. makes no sense of setting the RH for 1 whole day and then placing in your equipment later. the best way? put in all your stuff, set it to the red zone and moniter it. after the RH is settle down and then turn it to the 12oclock position.

huh? I won't deny that it'll work...but how is setting the correct RH then placing your equipment in any different?? :sweat:

huh? I won't deny that it'll work...but how is setting the correct RH then placing your equipment in any different?? :sweat:

yeah my mistake lol.:sweat:

just throw your stuff in and set it to the 12oclock position. better? :bsmilie:

I tried slightly around 12.30 mark for past 1-2days.. and its reading around 53-55..I now move it to 11.30

I set at 11 o'clock and get constant 46.

That I am happy with.

I tried slightly around 12.30 mark for past 1-2days.. and its reading around 53-55..I now move it to 11.30

I have about 10 o'clock and it's 50% pretty spot on. Continue as you do, you'll get the right settings quite soon. Also keep in mind that room conditions will affect the RH reading. Aircon will make the RH drop faster in the cabinet and in result you might need different settings from other people without aircon in use.

I have about 10 o'clock and it's 50% pretty spot on. Continue as you do, you'll get the right settings quite soon. Also keep in mind that room conditions will affect the RH reading. Aircon will make the RH drop faster in the cabinet and in result you might need different settings from other people without aircon in use.

mine is at 68% putting at 11-12'o clock for past 2-3 days..something is wrong?!

mine is at 68% putting at 11-12'o clock for past 2-3 days..something is wrong?!

That's outside humidity according my room hygrometer. Yep, this reading is far to high. Try setting to about 8 o'clock and watch. If no change then your dehumidifier unit is not working.

Currently my is at 12 o'clock and its at 48% after 1 day (setup last night).

Silly question but is your door closed properly?

hi after a week of setting my dry cab on, its still 66% set at 8'o'clock..is my dry cab dehumify meter spoilt? I am now setting it at 12'o'clock...perhaps I need to send it back to the dry cab people...how do you guys set it actually...I set up the cabinet, plug the power and set the meter and close the cabinet locked.. thats all.. i am sure my door is closed properly..maybe theres a leakage? Do you guys ever off the power or open the door at times?

I also using this model of dry cabinet.
just got it on Sunday from MSColor.

I set mine to 12 O'Clock mark
and it reads 45% contastly.

:)

hi after a week of setting my dry cab on, its still 66% set at 8'o'clock..is my dry cab dehumify meter spoilt? I am now setting it at 12'o'clock...perhaps I need to send it back to the dry cab people...how do you guys set it actually...I set up the cabinet, plug the power and set the meter and close the cabinet locked.. thats all.. i am sure my door is closed properly..maybe theres a leakage? Do you guys ever off the power or open the door at times?

maybe really spoil le.. you need to pull the humdity down first ba.. set it all the way in the red zone such that the green bulb is light up birghtly... then monitor after one night it should go down to around 30 - 40% range.
put your equipments in and set it to around 12 o clock again.

you cannot power off the cabin as if you do so humidity will built up again... (my mum power off one weekend i was not home and it shot up to like 60 plus 70... arghz) .. usually i will take what i want and close the door quickly..

maybe really spoil le.. you need to pull the humdity down first ba.. set it all the way in the red zone such that the green bulb is light up birghtly... then monitor after one night it should go down to around 30 - 40% range.
put your equipments in and set it to around 12 o clock again.

you cannot power off the cabin as if you do so humidity will built up again... (my mum power off one weekend i was not home and it shot up to like 60 plus 70... arghz) .. usually i will take what i want and close the door quickly..

ok i just did that...setting it to the ultimate red zone...when i close it back after adjusting..its 73H ..so fast go up! dang...now gona put it for a night and see how..i also remove the foam inside that came with the cabinet

How U set to 11.30 & 12.30??? :confused:
:bsmilie:

Try setting at roughly at 12oclock mark ba. Mine is at 48RH.

Status
Not open for further replies.