Dry Cabinent no power ....

no one here knows where can i send my dry cabinent for repair...change fuse still no power:dunno::cry::cry:

What brand? Model?

no one here knows where can i send my dry cabinent for repair...change fuse still no power:dunno::cry::cry:
If it's a Digi cabinet then the Service Center is in Tagore Lane (see warranty card and website). You don't need to send the entire cabinet. It's enough to take a screwdriver, unmount the dryer unit (4 simple screws) and send this unit over. Upon check you will get a new one. Takes 10min there.
Within the 5 years warranty period it's free, of course.

Hi, just a reminder. Is your dry box with digital meter. Check to ensure the battey (AAA) is working. Initially I thought my box have no power as the meter is 'blank' but later found out it require battery to operate.

the digi cab ---60 L

There are two small bulbs at the back. Are they "ON"? If not, then Hotwork77 is right. Just unsrew it and bring to Tagore Lane.

Your peltier chip is blown. This is normal for something that is running 24/7.
When I brought my dryer unit to Digi Service Center the guy mentioned something about 'capacitor problems in a certain batch'. If the Peltier Element is not designed for running 24/7 then the entire system has a serious design flaw ... or is missing the necessary disclaimer :sweat:

digi-cabi warranty runs for 5 years...but u'll need to provide receipt....

When I brought my dryer unit to Digi Service Center the guy mentioned something about 'capacitor problems in a certain batch'. If the Peltier Element is not designed for running 24/7 then the entire system has a serious design flaw ... or is missing the necessary disclaimer :sweat:

Peltier is just another type of semi conductor. It works on temperature differential when current is applied. The hot side must be cooled fast enough or else the runaway heat will damage the chip. Depending on the environment, the chip may fail before the MTBF.

Actually, Peltier should not be run 24/7 but since it is used in a Dry Cabinent, we don't have any choice do we? :cool:

Actually, Peltier should not be run 24/7 but since it is used in a Dry Cabinent, we don't have any choice do we?
We have. Using a timer we could do a "4h on / 4h off" cycle, preventing overheating. Still enough to keep the air inside within the recommended RH levels. But then again: shouldn't this be considered in the design already that not all rooms in this world have 23C as annual average?
Also: if Peltier elements should not run 24/7 then Digi is waiting for a "legal accident" to happen ...

We have. Using a timer we could do a "4h on / 4h off" cycle, preventing overheating. Still enough to keep the air inside within the recommended RH levels. But then again: shouldn't this be considered in the design already that not all rooms in this world have 23C as annual average?
Also: if Peltier elements should not run 24/7 then Digi is waiting for a "legal accident" to happen ...

Would it surprise you that room temp is defined as between 22C to 24C. At that temp you can turn it on the whole day without much problem. Our room temp is around 29C to 32C. At that elevated temp, anything can kaput in double quick time. That's why data centers in Singapore are kept in a constant 20C. I think I have OT for a fair bit.

To TS: Send your DigiCab to the agent at Tagore Lane. The service is prompt and hassle free. See Octarine's previous post #4. :cool:

Would it surprise you that room temp is defined as between 22C to 24C.
Not at all :) That's the climate where I come from .. and where dry cabinets are rather unusual. Ok, back to topic.

Thanks to all bros problem solve
Is only the display battery flat ...

Thanks all bros
Dleugene , anson , octarine, Simpson, hotwork77, dAoyin
Rezzshaz, n catchlight , giving me advices n info

My digicab no display. Changed the batteries n it's still the same prob. thr's a small box beside the humidity dial and it's wet. is that normal ?

My digicab no display. Changed the batteries n it's still the same prob. thr's a small box beside the humidity dial and it's wet. is that normal ?

Your display is most probably faulty. What's the model?

db-036! and now i can't find my warranty card and receipt! :(

db-036! and now i can't find my warranty card and receipt! :(

:sweat: That's quite an issue. Perhaps you can try to call DigiHub and ask for alternative solutions.