Dry cabin prolem?

GENO

Jul 31, 2004
Teddy Bear Land
Hi, anyone having issue with your dry cabin this few weeks? Mine was working at 48 to 55. But been 2 weeks its stuck at 68 to 72. I have 2 cabin showing the same, not sure if its the room temperature or both cabin just fails at the same time?

Hi, anyone having issue with your dry cabin this few weeks? Mine was working at 48 to 55. But been 2 weeks its stuck at 68 to 72. I have 2 cabin showing the same, not sure if its the room temperature or both cabin just fails at the same time?

Try changing the battery for the hygrometer I think it's drained unless it's powered from main power supply ?

Edit: How long have the dry cabs been in use? If about 8yrs. then the power supply may have aged and the high voltage capacitor would have developed high esr (equivalent series resistance)or is bad/dead. Check what is esr.It needs to be replaced if other components are ok. The fact that it's reading 68-72% means the power supply is not working optimally or layman term is koyak! If dehumidifier is dead the hygrometer will read about 80% provided meter is battery powered. I have successfully repaired such dry cab and is using it.

Last edited:
Check your dehumidifying unit to make sure it's working. Turn the control knob to see if the led comes on.

In any case, from what you have reported, the outlook is not good.

Thread moved away from Kopitiam, OT postings deleted.