Dry Cabi -What's the diff b/w AD, HD, DHC

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiamH

Oct 7, 2006
Sengkang
Hi

Thinking of buying a dry cabi. Can anyone tell me what's the diff between all the different types?

Hi

Thinking of buying a dry cabi. Can anyone tell me what's the diff between all the different types?

AD Series

Cabinets with battery operated LCD digital hygrometer and low power consumption T.E. cooling refrigerated semiconductor crystal dehumidifier.

Setting by turning the knob clockwise or anti-clockwise, clockwise toward point C represent stronger moisture absorbing estimate reading of humidity level at 20 and below. Green LED light humidity indicator showing brighter and dimmer when knob is turned clockwise/anticlockwise.

Anti-clockwise towards point A represents weaker moisture absorbing, estimated humidity reading at 40-50%. Usual default setting from factory will be at point B humidity level showing 30-40%.

Constant evaporating moisture at all set point, low power consumption, no noise, sound or heat. All estimate humidity reading is based on a 60litres cabinet.

DHC series

Cabinets with digital control hygrometer attach with low power consumption T.E. cooling refrigerated semiconductor crystal dehunidifier.

3 control buttons is located at the hygrometer fitted outside the cabinet, S, increase and decrease buttton.

i) Press "S" button once and the % reading on display will start to flick, adjust the humidity level by pressing "increase" or "decrease" button until required humidity % is shown, press "S" button again and the display will stop flicking and hygrometer will show current humidity level inside the cabinet.

ii) Dehumidifier LED light will light up and will start absorbing moisture if the humidity inside the cabinet is higher than set level, the hygrometer will show the inside cabinet humidity level.

iii) When humidity reaches the setting point, LED light will turn off and auto power cut off if the humidity level remain.

Remark: Humidity reading display at each setting point varies depend on sizes and different products stored inside the cabinet as well as ambient temperature where the cabinet is situated.

HD series

similar to AD but the meter is analogue and not digital...thats all

Hi

your budget, and appetite for headache when trying to get the rH right. there was a recent thread in CS on this.. basically the digital version costs the most, but is easiest and least hassle to maintain the rH you want.

So I should get the DHC one??

So I should get the DHC one??
Pro or non-pro dry cab both serve its purpose. To make environment inside dry cab not nice to fungus to grow.

Pro dry cab may suit you if you often take out take in your photography gears.

Regards,
Arto.

Pro or non-pro dry cab both serve its purpose. To make environment inside dry cab not nice to fungus to grow.

Pro dry cab may suit you if you often take out take in your photography gears.

Regards,
Arto.

aiyah....y nobody tell me that? then i shld buy the pro series coz i want to often take out take in my photography...everyday at least one time...

aiyah....y nobody tell me that? then i shld buy the pro series coz i want to often take out take in my photography...everyday at least one time...
Actually, how does it matter? Unless you take out your equipment so frequently that the dry cabinet is unable to maintain the RH at the desired level, it does not really matter whether you use a pro series. A pro cabinet will probably be needed if you open the door of the cabinet for more than 5 minutes every hour, as the dryer will may be overworked and still not able to maintain the humidity level in your cabinet.

Everyday at least one time is ok for non-pro series. Depend on your passion on photography, 'everyday' maybe only last for the first few months.

And, if you are thinking all of us can read your mind... ;p .

Regards,
Arto.

is the price very much different between a pro and non pro cabi?
I assume pro means DHC and non pro means AD or HD?
If I wan to get a non pro one, AD or HD better?
Sorry for being noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.