Dry Cabi or Dry Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi guys,

I've been thinking this for awhile, but I still can't decide.
The question is, should I get a Digi Dry Cabi or Dry Box?
If possible, give me advises and the pros and cons.

Thanks a million in advance!! :lovegrin:

Hi,

I'm currently using Dry Cabi. Great. All my camera and lens in great condition. The difference i believe is Dry Cabi need power supply and Dry Box doesn't need anything i believe. Hope my small information can help u . Thanks. :embrass:

I personally feel that you should get Dry Cabi instead. Dry box need monitor closly, if you are those lazy type better don't get this. :p
if you are getting the dry cabi, you must know your long term plan, are you going to get few more lens down the road? or you are just happy with what you have now. get atleast AD 50 (50L) type best AD60 (60L). Unless you got more lenes you can get higher range.

Just my 2 cents, final decession is yours you know what you want.

below site for your info.

http://www.digihub.com.sg/index.aspx

Below are those recommanded shop from members here might be useful for you in price checking.

AP - Alan Photo, #01-38 Sim Lim Square, Tel: 6336 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
AP-F - Alan Photo, #05-20 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6883 0922, e-mail: alanfoto@singnet.com.sg
CP - Cathay Photo, #01-11/14 Peninsula Plaza, Tel: 6337 4274, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
CP-M - Cathay Photo, #02-215/216 Marina Square, 6 Raffles Boulevard, Tel: 6339 6188, e-mail: email@cathayphoto.com.sg
John - John 3:16, #05-46 Funan Digitalife Mall, Tel: 6337 2877 / 6337 1897, e-mail: richardgan@pacific.net.sg
Lord's - Lord's Camera, 304 Orchard Road #01-79 Lucky Plaza, Tel: 6235 4605, e-mail: lordscom@singnet.com.sg
MS - MS Colour, Block 711 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-3501C, Tel: 6457 6380, e-mail: sales@mscolor.com.sg, web e-quote
MS - MS Colour Outlet - 53 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, AMK Hub #02-24, Tel: 6452 2828
TCW - The Camera Workshop, 3 Coleman Street, #01-31, Tel: 6336 1956 / 6336 7808, e-mail: tcwkshop@singnet.com.sg
TK - T K Foto Technic, 100 Beach Rd, #02-45 Shaw Towers, Tel: 6292 4533, e-mail: sales@tkfoto.com.sg
OP - Orient Photo, 1 Rochor Canal Road, #06-53/31, Sim Lim Square, Tel: 6339 1035, e-mail: sales@orientfoto.com.sg

Thank guys for your advises!!
Really help me alot.

:lovegrin:

i just wanna hijack this thread. thanks

many people suggested to get 50L or more but i was at carrefour and the 30L one seems fine.
Is the 30L one able to store 1 D80+lens body and 2-3 other lens?
I am not planning to get a 2nd body.

thanks for all your replys.

i just wanna hijack this thread. thanks

many people suggested to get 50L or more but i was at carrefour and the 30L one seems fine.
Is the 30L one able to store 1 D80+lens body and 2-3 other lens?
I am not planning to get a 2nd body.

thanks for all your replys.

30L is the ~$99 one? Yes it can, as long your lenses are not the bazooka type.

just saw from carrefour, the 30L $109...price went up? Another DigiCabi thread was saying the price everywhere to same ah?

just saw from carrefour, the 30L $109...price went up? Another DigiCabi thread was saying the price everywhere to same ah?

Same price as what I checked from one of the "recommended shop"(Not sure if I can mention the shop name):dunno:
Brand is Digicabi.

yup checked out carrefour its 109 ... but ... been there 3 times and at different branches . suntec plaza sg. no stock man ...

wait for Sitex...sure got promo for DigiCabi...

1.) dry box, low budget, requires attention once every 2-3 weeks or more often if you like to open up the box in non aircon environment.
2.) dry cab, use money to solve the lazy bum syndrome.

It's like to take bus or to buy a car
I went with option 1 when I was a student and continued while working until I came across a cheap deal for dri-cab in B&S and I grabbed one.
Then again.. students are kinda rich these days.. so.. :dunno:

some students use better stuffs than most people...

anyway, just go for dry cab, if camera and lens kena fungus, will definitely cost more than one dry cab, and also it is more economy and convenient in long run.

no need to consider, go for dry cabin if ur budget permit u.
is definately cheaper than buying a new sets of lenses &
camera. if u don believe me, u try putting a slice of bread in
it for months & see the result.:thumbsup:

Hi guys,

I've been thinking this for awhile, but I still can't decide.
The question is, should I get a Digi Dry Cabi or Dry Box?
If possible, give me advises and the pros and cons.

Thanks a million in advance!! :lovegrin:

no need to consider, go for dry cabin if ur budget permit u.
is definately cheaper than buying a new sets of lenses &
camera. if u don believe me, u try putting a slice of bread in
it for months & see the result.:thumbsup:
i dun wanna try.. can tell me what's the result?

Dry cabinet got lots of brands or what?
Scared buy lousy one.... hehe

Sorry ar but when you all put you lens into the dry cabinet do you all remove the lens cover?

please recomend a dry cabi that's bout $100 or below.
thanks in advance, any reviews on the HD-30?
emirates

To save yourself of all the trouble of regularly checking and maintaining the dry box to be as efficient as a Dry Cab, just get the Dry Cab.

I got mine at the last comex show for $89. Its from Digi-Cab model AD-030. A 30L dry cab with analog RH gauge. This serves my purpose well as i do not have a lot of equipment. Only equipment that are prone to fungus attack stays in the cabinet. The rest of the equipment are kept outside.

If you can't afford one now, save up for it. It is worth the investment.

I see...
So I think I'll just wait till this month's IT fair to get 1.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.