Dry Cab neccesary?

cost of cleaning the body and 2 zoom lens abt below 150 plus.

You mean TS should not have bought the dry cab because it's cheaper to clean whenever his gear gets fungus? or did I read your message wrongly?

defboy said:
Thanks bro for your response, I was thinking if I can use those hard dry box (Non electrical) 1st since mine is only an entry level setup?

Well.. It all up to u if u think tat u won't find it troublesome to keep changing the gel every couple of days. As for me I regret not getting the dry cabinet in the first place coz I ever forget to check the gel for quite some times. End up I need to send 2 of my lens for servicing due to fungus and cost me almost $300 for both lens. Btw dry cabinet won't cost u alot in electrical bills.

I agree, for this part of the world, 24/7 dry cabinet is the best investment for your camera gear - does not matter whether it is the pro or the entry level equipments. you will not regret it. I learned the hard way and now I am happy with my dry cabinet from Cathay Photo. They even have free delivery service for certain model and up...

Prince Photogenic said:
seriously, i own a digi-cabi dry cab n it's always on too.. my mum nv noticed much diff.. abt $2?

Me too I bought a digi cab dhc 60L recently,it automatically turn on quite regularly.is this normal? Humidity set to 50.

Me too I bought a digi cab dhc 60L recently,it automatically turn on quite regularly.is this normal? Humidity set to 50.
1) Yes, it's normal, it's the automatic regulation of humiduty.
2) You can set it lower, 40% or even less.

I think its better to protect ur equipment. prevention is better den cure! and dry box easier! my cousin is constantly frying silica gel while i dun need to(=

and whats best is i think right now even buying such stuff very simple, machiam online shopping, even faster den gmarket. buy liao next day get. bought mine from rdp, nextday the delivery liao. BBB ftw!

I think its better to protect ur equipment. prevention is better den cure! and dry box easier! my cousin is constantly frying silica gel while i dun need to(=

and whats best is i think right now even buying such stuff very simple, machiam online shopping, even faster den gmarket. buy liao next day get. bought mine from rdp, nextday the delivery liao. BBB ftw!

Dry box no need silica gel meh? Then what keeps it dry?

My DSLR has been a week without dry cabinet. Am i too late?

My DSLR has been a week without dry cabinet. Am i too late?
Keep it in the open, don't keep it stuffed into any bag. Bring it out on next weekend while you go shopping for a dry cabinet. Done.

Not late at all, nothing should happen if its just a week but try to get a cabinet as soon as possible.

Keep it in the open, don't keep it stuffed into any bag. Bring it out on next weekend while you go shopping for a dry cabinet. Done.

Thanks! Will get it asap. Cheers. :)