Dry box

Hanmin147

Aug 20, 2011
Tampines
Hey guys I just got a DSLR camera and was wondering where is the best place to get a dry box? I am looking for a small one just to fit a camera. Preferably prices lower than $50

Anyway Hope this Thread will be able to help you out...:)

Hope you are aware that you have to microwave the silica gel once every few days if not wrong.. after a while also have to get new silica gel.. long term maintenance will cost you even more... why not save up for a dry cabinet..

Digihub Singapore

You can e mail them for detail and pricing.. if not wrong they do free delivery for 50l and above.. with 5 year warranty...

Last edited:
jas1984 said:
Anyway Hope this Thread will be able to help you out...:)

Hope you are aware that you have to microwave the silica gel once every few days if not wrong.. after a while also have to get new silica gel.. long term maintenance will cost you even more... why not save up for a dry cabinet..

Digihub Singapore

You can e mail them for detail and pricing.. if not wrong they do free delivery for 50l and above.. with 5 year warranty...

Awesome man! Thanks so much for your help :D

Awesome man! Thanks so much for your help :D

As the question you are asking have been ask in this forum for a lot of time.. so normally ppl will not reply.. or the kind of reply.. you know.. you may not like so...
Next time try searching the forum first.. before you post it..as most of the time you can get the ans if you search carefully...:)

Take care my friend...;)

jas1984 said:
As the question you are asking have been ask in this forum for a lot of time.. so normally ppl will not reply.. or the kind of reply.. you know.. you may not like so...
Next time try searching the forum first.. before you post it..as most of the time you can get the ans if you search carefully...:)

Take care my friend...;)

Thank you! You are awesome! :D all the best!

Just get a lock n lock box before commit to the cabinet.( As they cme in many sizes)
As sometime down the road, u think u something more then upgrade.
The LnL box can be use for other things.

I just wack the LnL box as wanna try out photography before commit.

lord54 said:
Just get a lock n lock box before commit to the cabinet.( As they cme in many sizes)
As sometime down the road, u think u something more then upgrade.
The LnL box can be use for other things.

I just wack the LnL box as wanna try out photography before commit.

I heard that you have to control the humidity level, not too high not too low. If not the gear will spoil. How do you do that with a LnL box?

For that, I reckon you'll need to buy a hygrometer..
Just get a dry cabinet to save you from all the worrying and trouble of replacing silica gel..

It is recommended that the humidity level be kept between 45%-55%

Diluted said:
For that, I reckon you'll need to buy a hygrometer..
Just get a dry cabinet to save you from all the worrying and trouble of replacing silica gel..

Even with a hygrometer how do you control the humidity level?

check out the TOP of Newbie Section and there is a LLOOoooonnggg thread with loads of good information and advise on dry boxes/cabinets

Even with a hygrometer how do you control the humidity level?
no you don't control the humidity level with hygrometer, you only monitor humidity level.

anyway, a smaller size dry cabinet only cost around 10% of your newly bought camera, if you go the route of set up of dry box/hygrometer/silica gel will not save you much, let along the trouble of buying/replacing or reheating the silica gel. once your camera lenses get fungus, it will cost more than a dry cabinet to clean it, than you buy a dry cabinet after that is already a little too late isn't it?

Last edited:
Go for a dry cabinet :)

If it's 1 camera and up to 3 or 4 lenses + filters etc, I think the smallest one (30L or thereabouts) is sufficient.

There's always the temptation to get a bigger one though, since doubling the size does not double the price ;)

Thanks so much guys, this weekend I will check out places that sell dry cabinets. I heard that mustafa sells dry cabinets too? Is that a good place to buy one?

Hanmin147 said:
Thanks so much guys, this weekend I will check out places that sell dry cabinets. I heard that mustafa sells dry cabinets too? Is that a good place to buy one?

Price is around the same everywhere.. If you want to see physical thing you can go orient photo or Alan photo in sim lim square .. If not just order from the website.. I recommend digi cabi ... :)

Price is around the same everywhere.. If you want to see physical thing you can go orient photo or Alan photo in sim lim square .. If not just order from the website.. I recommend digi cabi ... :)

Ya I think prices are about the same everywhere.
Maybe a good idea to take a look at one, just to visualize your gear in there :) See whether too crowded or not.
Carrefour is another place to consider. I got the 60L digi cabi there. >$150, they do free delivery. Plus I claimed 5% discount and 5% rebate with POSB credit card.

ZerocoolAstra said:
Ya I think prices are about the same everywhere.
Maybe a good idea to take a look at one, just to visualize your gear in there :) See whether too crowded or not.
Carrefour is another place to consider. I got the 60L digi cabi there. >$150, they do free delivery. Plus I claimed 5% discount and 5% rebate with POSB credit card.

That a good deal .. Some more with rebate ...

Went to carrefour today and check. Was ready to buy a 30L digi cabi then the sales man tell me all cabi no stock cause they changing supplier. Grrrr

Went to carrefour today and check. Was ready to buy a 30L digi cabi then the sales man tell me all cabi no stock cause they changing supplier. Grrrr

Digihub Singapore

Can Order from the website if not go to Orient Photo or TK Foto...

Same price one...

Price List from TK Foto...

Try calling Orient Photo to check prices..

E-mail: sales@orientfoto.com.sg

Tel: +65-63391035

Fax: +65-63391034

Or TK foto

6338 5905 / 6338 7466

To me personally this two are the very reputable shop around.. hope it help..:)

Last edited: