Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobissan

Sep 13, 2008
Hi People,
Just gotten my dry box from Mustafa sometime ago. I'm really puzzled by how long the silica gel can last. Any rough guidelines? Seems to last 4-5 days before turning pink. Is this normal?

wanna buy a proper one? i foound one that uses digital rather then the analog dial knob.. 38L for $170 .. i havent buy yet.. as hv to go collect from his place and he overseas till sunday..

wanna buy a proper one? i foound one that uses digital rather then the analog dial knob.. 38L for $170 .. i havent buy yet.. as hv to go collect from his place and he overseas till sunday..

thats quite costly :embrass:

thats quite costly :embrass:

i know.. trust me.. i damn stingy one.. haha i also look ard already..

problem with the digicab or many others is that i always hear is the inaccuracy of the setting.. as its analog, u need to "trial and error" to get the huminity right.

while the digital one, u just set it to that level and it will hv a error rate of +- 3

i asked my frens into photography.. and all 3 replied that if they havent got their case, they will definitely get this one

digicab is $115 for 30L so (3.83 per L).. this is $170 for 38L .. (4.47 per L) .. different is 16.7% more :)

Octarine: Thks ,great read..

anyway the "digital" one i talking about here is also the one featured there.. AIPO... seem the review not so bad leh...

Hi
I just get myself a Sony a350.
After reading all the infor regarding dry cabinet,
Think of getting the digicab DHC-38,
Just to get feedback any comment from those who had it?

It works, it does the job. What else do you want to know?
Read the other threads about the setting of RH. Take your time to adjust. Don't panic about 10% deviation next morning.

Hi
I just get myself a Sony a350.
After reading all the infor regarding dry cabinet,
Think of getting the digicab DHC-38,
Just to get feedback any comment from those who had it?

I just got my digicabi 100 about 2 weeks ago. Works fine so far. With the digital display, it is easier to read. Need a adjustment to get the correct range. Overall, not bad. If you are seriously into this hobby, suggest you get a bigger one, maybe the 50 liters one cos will all the lens and filters, 38 liters might not be enough.

For DHC 38 cost $238
For 50litres think had to call them up again fir the price,hope the gap is not wide.
Will it be better price if go retail shop rather than distru as they will sell at higher price just to make sure will complain by the retail shop?
Maybe had to go make check it up:)

TsQ:
So had u got from him?
Think of getting from him it more cheaper than digicab,but it distru is at Malaysia.
Quite troublesome if it faulty when years go by..

Last edited:
TsQ:
So had u got from him?
Think of getting from him it more cheaper than digicab,but it distru is at Malaysia.
Quite troublesome if it faulty when years go by..

but i think he has a place in clementi.. so anything wrong, can find him there..

anyway AIPO is very popular in Msia and their local forum there has large users base...

i am going up to Msia this wk.. will get probably next week.. i eyeing the 38L one only for $170

but i think he has a place in clementi.. so anything wrong, can find him there..

anyway AIPO is very popular in Msia and their local forum there has large users base...

i am going up to Msia this wk.. will get probably next week.. i eyeing the 38L one only for $170

You getting yourselves at Malaysia?
Thought he do delivery also?

You getting yourselves at Malaysia?
Thought he do delivery also?

no.. if i get, i will be getting it in spore.. as the px is the same there and here..

i dont think he do delivery in spore btw.. never see that in the posting he made ard the other forums

no.. if i get, i will be getting it in spore.. as the px is the same there and here..

i dont think he do delivery in spore btw.. never see that in the posting he made ard the other forums

Think he do delivery,cos I just receive a email reply from him.

By tomorrow send him the address and model.
will arrange on sunday

Hi guys,

Interesting thread. But just wanted to share that I am not sure if the closed loop circuitry makes any difference.

I have both the DigiCabi AD-70 and the DHC-60 and assuming that the hygrometers are all from similar sources with comparable accuracy (Inaccuracy), the stability of the AD or DHC series seems to be the same to me. I was expecting the DHC series to "outperform" the AD series honestly.... Oh yeah, both these sure beats the analog hygrometer type I had from Akarui or something.

AD series with the digital readout - Once you've "tuned" it via trial and error, keeping the same things in the cabinet gives the same RH% after some time. I presume this is cos the "outgassing" of moisture for the same # of lenses and bodies at approximate the same "dehumification power" of the cabinet results in a RH% that's stable to +/-1%. Gradually reaches an "equilibrium" if you plotted it out on a chart.....

DHC series with digital readout - I thought this would stay on the exact "set RH%" but it also deviates by +/-1%, same as the AD series. Someone explained to me that because the "dehumidification power" is sort of set to like close to max, it tends to overcompensate and then cuts out, and then the RH% goes up and then it turns on again and brings the RH% down and then the cycle repeats..... like a sawtooth graph if you plotted it out.....

Either way, this sure beats having a drybox .... and having to replenish the blue balls. I'd recommend a electric dry cab anytime, just not so sure that I'd pump in extra money for a closed circuit controlled series..... BUT it does give folks a sense of comfort that the RH% is well taken care of and needs no "trial and error".

BTW, here's the maths for the $/L (*I'm obviously bored..... :sticktong)

AD-500 @ $2.63 / L
AD-400 @ $2.67 / L
AD-300 @ $2.76 / L
AD-200 @ $3.13 / L
AD-160 @ $2.94 / L
AD-120 @ $3.13 / L
AD-100 @ $3.08 / L
AD-080 @ $3.10 / L
AD-070 @ $2.97 / L
AD-060 @ $3.13 / L
AD-050 @ $4.20 / L *Note : 40L
DB-036 @ $3.93 / L *Note : 30L

DHC-500 @ $3.09 / L : 17.5% over AD-500
DHC-400 @ $3.21 / L : 20.2% over AD-400
DHC-300 @ $3.02 / L : 9.6% over AD-300
DHC-200 @ $3.52 / L : 12.3% over AD-200
DHC-160 @ $3.43 / L : 16.5% over AD-160
DHC-120 @ $3.82 / L : 22.0% over AD-120
DHC-100 @ $3.78 / L : 22.7% over AD-100
DHC-080 @ $3.98 / L : 28.2% over AD-080
DHC-060 @ $4.30 / L : 37.3% over AD-060
DHC-040 @ $5.95 / L : 41.7% over AD-050 (40L model)
*No 30L DHC models......

Mere 9+% price difference if you go for the 300L models, but hey, how many of us hobbyist have THAT MUCH equipment to dry out ? *ahem* unless u oso keep a stash of chinese herbs etc......

A few interesting "facts"....
- AD-070 best bang for the buck below 200L, else it's the AD-500
- AD-060 is same $/L compared to the AD-120
- DHC-300 only 9.6% over the AD model

I'm sitting here typing this and so far, my AD series hasn't budge from the 40% setting but the DHC has been moving from 37% to 39% with my setting at 38%..... hmmmm.

Anyways, have fun figuring out what suits you ! Just sharing what I have....

*Anyone can add the AIPO prices in for comparison ? Hehehe...... :sweatsm:

Last edited:
Oh yes. Astro75 or TsQ, can you post your experience with Aipo when you get your sets ? :)

Just found the following :-

Model Price (S$) Dimension
AP Mini (20L) S$100 W420 x H290 X D242 mm - $5.00/L
AP-38EX (38L) S$170 W290 X H450 X D300mm - $4.47/L
AP-48EX (48L) S$220 W290 X H570 X D300mm - $4.58/L
AP-68EX (68L) S$280 W380 X H499 X D390mm - $4.12/L
AP-88EX (88L) S$320 W380 X H604 X D390mm - $3.64/L
AP-102EX (102L) S$400 W380 X H754 X D390mm - $3.92/L
AP-132EX (132L) S$480 W380 X H941 X D230mm - $3.64/L

Prices quite competitive vs DigiCabi, especially the 88L and 132L types. :D

To me the Aipo had a better price whereas digi cab is slight more.but at least the dist in Singapore.will make final by tomorrow:)

aipo better px? why so? i see that aipo is the most pricey with highest $ per L ..

but duuno why i keep hearing digicab hv some minor complaints.. either here or frens using it.. while aipo, so far msian side dont hear much complaint..

Status
Not open for further replies.