dry box...

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kley83

just bought my canon A70.. thinking of getting a dry box to protect it.. where can i get it ah??
i saw at carrefour 19.90.. is there any cheaper version available.. cause my bank almost drying soon.. buy this n that.. haha..
plz advice.. thank

I think most shops carry them, those that can put silica gel inside.

i juz buy an air tight box.... LOCK & Lock brand. alot of size to choose..... available at carrefour, giant and Ntuc....

Originally posted by djchris
my advice: pls choose a better built one..dun get a tupperware..

see his post.... he wanted a budget wan ...if i not wrong.....

its an advice..not a suggestion...read..

he also looking for advise..and from yr advise... u are not answering to his requst of advise of a cheaper version of DRy box. ... and i am not quoting him to buy the tupperware.... pls mind yr language.

Originally posted by tweakmax2
he also looking for advise..and from yr advise... u are not answering to his requst of advise of a cheaper version of DRy box. ... and i am not quoting him to buy the tupperware.... pls mind yr language.

I did not say you are quoting him to buy the tupperware..
I simply advised him to get a better built drybox..and not saying he should pay alot of money or anything like that..

if you have any problem with that, air it out elsewhere..

I shan't be posting in this thread anymore..

I did not say you are quoting him to buy the tupperware..
I simply advised him to get a better built drybox..and not saying he should pay alot of money or anything like that..

if you have any problem with that, air it out elsewhere..

I shan't be posting in this thread anymore..

Precisely.... i also dun wish to argue or wtever.... we are here to give advise or share..... let the matter rest.... either do i want to post in tis thread anymore....

ya.. i saw the lock n lock brand also..
seem quite good.. most likely to go and get it tml..
cause i on a low budget...

Originally posted by kley83
ya.. i saw the lock n lock brand also..
seem quite good.. most likely to go and get it tml..
cause i on a low budget...

I wouldn't get a air-tight box over a dry box, because the air-tight box is not likely to come with a hygrometer to measure the humdity.

The Am-Pro drybox, the one at $19.90 comes with a hygrometer and is quite large compared to a Nikon yellow dry box.

Silica Gel is sold at $4 per 500g bottle at Carrefour, though I managed to find out it is sold at $3 at Konata.

Been using it for over a month. No bad, Poured a handful of Silica Gel into the box at first and saw the humdity drop from 80% to 20%, too low.

But after a few days it rose to 40-50%. and I pour in a few more new Silica Gels, when the needle went over to the RED zone.

Try to get a dish or shallow container to "hold" the silica gel, or else the silica gel will be rolling all over the base of the box.

I think if you don't open and close the box every day, a bottle of Silica Gel will last estimated about 2 months or more? (Mine is still 75% full)

I think might be using a dry box + silica gel for a year or so, before I can save up for a dry cabinet.

I was told the Silica Gel can be re-used by heating up the "pink" silica gels to dry them up again.
Is it true? Will it turn back to blue again, if I heat them up?

if u are really tight on budget, i saw a used drybox at cash convertors toa payoh. $5.

They also selling some silica gel..

Check if the box is good. If yes, its very good for the tight-budgetted ones..

anyone know how much are the Nikon yellow dry box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.