Dry box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idmax

Hi,
intend to get a dry box, just a sealed box and some silica in them.
Question, do I have to put specific amount in the box or any amount will do?
And is it as effective as those electrical ones?

Cheers....

thanks....;)

Originally posted by idmax
thanks....;)
Depending on the size of your dry box, and the items you store in it. Fill it up more the better, less air and humidity to deal with. My little dry box filled up to 50% capacity drops down from 80% to 40-50% humidity in less than an hour. Only used less than a handful of silica gel wrapped in tissue paper.

Originally posted by idmax

And is it as effective as those electrical ones?

Cheers....

negative.

The old saying :

"If you can spend a thousand on a camera, why not spend another hundred fifty on a dry box?"

electronic one very convinent, don't need to put silica gel inside. don't need to worry if you gel is pink. Just dump it in and that's it.

Originally posted by ninelives

negative.

The old saying :

"If you can spend a thousand on a camera, why not spend another hundred fifty on a dry box?"

electronic one very convinent, don't need to put silica gel inside. don't need to worry if you gel is pink. Just dump it in and that's it.

$1000 doesn't buy much of a camera. If you have just one prosumer digicam, why do you need a whole dry box to put it in? If you have a full SLR system with multiple lenses, it may make more sense.

My views are in the earlier thread. I will continue using plastic boxes until I have a lens that can't fit into them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.