Dry Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindsay Tan

Aug 12, 2004
Hey dudes. What's a good dry cabinet to get for my camera equipment? I'm not looking for a huge cabinet because I only have a Canon 20D, 17-85mmIS lens, a 50mm F1.4 lens and 580EX flash. Will a 35L to 45L cabinet be more than sufficient for these?

Can I also store the battery and memory card in the dry cabinet without damaging them?

Thanks!

you can do a search on the forum for dry box or dry cabin. So far i see most posters here mentioned digi-cab.

I seen carrefour selling dry cabs for as low as 75 bucks with an analog hygrometer. and with digi hygrometer its 99bucks 30L if i'm not wrong. check them out haha...

am-pro's cabs i'm not sure. seen a few feed back on their inaccurate meter but not a user. my bry box only cost 29.90 with analog meter. sufficient to hold my nikon digi cam, a lubitel 166B and another no name camera with no other accessories.

check the box out. you wouldn't know which one you need till you see the size of it.

Lindsay Tan said:
Hey dudes. What's a good dry cabinet to get for my camera equipment? I'm not looking for a huge cabinet because I only have a Canon 20D, 17-85mmIS lens, a 50mm F1.4 lens and 580EX flash. Will a 35L to 45L cabinet be more than sufficient for these?

Can I also store the battery and memory card in the dry cabinet without damaging them?

Thanks!

Other than Carrefour, you can get a dry box for 19.90 at Kodak processing outlets. I store my 20D, 17-85mm lens, and three other lenses in mine (the 19.90 one). Is there a reason to store a flash unit in a dry box? I've got mine in one of those plastic air-tight containers. Don't think fungus will grow on the flash (just like it wouldn't be growing on your PC) - never seen a flash with fungus before ;p

Don't see how batteries and memory card can be damaged in a dry box... no real difference I can think of to the batteries. And as for the memory cards, it's never made a difference to me - have an ancient 8MP memory card, never kept in dry box (oh, I haven't used it recently either... ;p ). Ok, have another amost as ancient 64MP memory card. Recently used. No problems, never bothered to keep That in a dry box ;) ).

Status
Not open for further replies.