Dry box vs dry cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

loadingbay

Jan 31, 2007
Hello to everyone, (Sorry if this topic has been discussed B4.)
I got my 400D few days ago, came with a free dry box and silicon gels.
Is it good enough to keep the camera in the dry box with silicon gels or must buy to electrical dry cabinet ? :dunno:

Thks ;)

the problem with the free dry box is that, it is very easy for the humidity to go very low, meaning very dry, because the silica gel just keep sucking and sucking the water vapour. but for the electric dry cabinet, they got a sensor inside, so that if it goes too dry, it will stop absorbing water vapour...

too dry is not good, because it will dry up the lubricants in ur lens and spoil it.. thats y electical ones after better....

those convenient handheld box type which put silicon are more for ppl travelling and they want a dry box on the move..

U'll nvr go wrong with a dry cabin. ;)

Just dun even think abt the dry box with silica gels, those are more useful for travel needs. Other than that, the dry cabinet is all u need.

I see similar questions being asked once in a while, and would like to offer an alternative perspective... I've been using a dry box all along, it's dimensions is - 24cm x 24cm x 30cm, and it holds my DSLR, vertical grip, 3 lenses (with hoods), 1 flash, 3 filters (in their casing) and some smaller accessories. I open the dry box and use my camera about once a week, my bottle of silica gels (costs $5) that I bought a year ago is still not exhausted yet, and I change the silica gels every week. The trick is getting the correct amount of silica gels into the box, after some trials and errors, when you get the correct amount, you'll be surprised at actually how little silica gels you need to keep the box dry for a week. So for the casual hobbyist (like myself), if you do not have luxury of space or a lot of equipment, a dry box is more than sufficient.

A picture speaks a thousand words, here's a picture of my dry box, as you can see there's still plenty of room left... (pardon the low quality pic as it is taken with my camera phone)

DSC00157copy.jpg

Just buy the dry cainet and u wont regret...trust me;)

Hello to everyone, (Sorry if this topic has been discussed B4.)
I got my 400D few days ago, came with a free dry box and silicon gels.
Is it good enough to keep the camera in the dry box with silicon gels or must buy to electrical dry cabinet ? :dunno:

Thks ;)
Buy dry cab for peace in mind.

Do search in CSnap, there are a lots of this topic.

Regards,
Arto.

spend so much buy DSLR...but want to save on money for a dry box...come on...get a electric one (Cheap $99)...you will not regert it...if fungus starts growing...good luck...

Hi, Thks to everyone for the advises.

Buy a caninet with allowances for expansion when the number of your gear increases! ;)

This Sat. will go MS color :D

Carrefore also have. Up to you. Free delivery somemore. ;)
After you get one, u wun regret it. Vital investment for the peace of mind! :D

Carrefore also have. Up to you. Free delivery somemore. ;)
After you get one, u wun regret it. Vital investment for the peace of mind! :D

:eek: free delivery
But how much carrefour selling ?

Some info on Digi cabi.

http://www.digihub.com.sg/ProductList.aspx?Bg=1&ProductID=187

Just bought mine not long ago. Its great! The web above will show you the sizes.. Mine is AD 70
You could buy according to your needs. I bought mine at Suntec... There's one shop selling cameras.
Prices are standard..

Go down and have a look. I cannot remember how much I paid for mine. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.