Dry Box Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cykic

Feb 15, 2007
Northeastern paradise
Hi bros,

i have a worrying problem : My drybox reading (analogue hydrometer) is always move between 50 - 70% even i did not open the box.. ie. it can be 70% in the morning then to 60% and sometimes when i open the box, it dropped to 50%...up and down.

I also have some silica gel inside and the switch is on max. so dun understand why the reading is still so high.

Shld I change a new box since its with me at least 3-4 yrs already? or wat shld i do??

:dunno:

Oh sorry, din make myself clear...
mine is a dry cabinet already... 3 shelf type...

:dunno:

Hmm... by right that should be happening.
also have you check whether your hydrometer is working fine?

or maybe you can get a digital hydrometer to measure it and see if your dry-cabi or your analogue hydrometer is faulty.

i'm sure most shop which sells dry-cabi do also sell hydrometer. (But i'm not sure because I didn;t get it before too)

If you place the digital hydrometer together with your analogue hydrometer & their readings differs too much. Then there could be your analogue hydrometer faulty.
If their reading are around the same & the reading still goes up & down abnormally. then it's your dry-cabi's problem.

Your dry cab is gone case. If it is under warranty (my dry cab has 5 year warranty), get it repaired. If not, get a new one.

Thanks everyone. I suspected so...
What brand / model would you recommend? Which is the best place to get it? :)

Thanks all!

I found out there is really a problem with my dry-cabinet, most likely the condensing/drying unit at the back.
Since it's more than 5-6 yrs old, i have bought myself a new DigiCabi.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.