Dry Box or Dry Cabinet or None

When I get the big one, I have so many things waiting to get into the dry box... :bsmilie:

BTW I am thinking of getting the 35mm/1.8 too. Do you like it?

Love it...

It was a present from my gf :D so all the more reason... hahaha

It's my go-to lens when I just wanna carry my camera out for no particular reason, in case a shot comes my way. D80 + 35/1.8 + SB400 all slotted into my Lowepro Topload Zoom bag. Easy to carry around.
Sharp at f/1.8 and accurate & fast focusing. Really good lens for the price paid. I recommend SLR Revo! Had to wait a few weeks for shipment to arrive.

Bro, how did you do it man? I have a 50L one, and I only store one camera body, six lenses and I am already packing it to the brim.

I am going to upgrade to a 120L one. My dad is already running a 160L one. And yes, his is also full.
:bigeyes:

Don't understand...I'm using a 68L box and I stuff 2 bodies, 4 lenses and 1 camcorder + tapes and cards and it looks only half full.

I mean...do you stuff bags, straps, batteries, chargers and manuals inside your box?

Don't understand...I'm using a 68L box and I stuff 2 bodies, 4 lenses and 1 camcorder + tapes and cards and it looks only half full.

I mean...do you stuff bags, straps, batteries, chargers and manuals inside your box?
no la... he likes it to be very spacious... People who live in bungalows are like that ;)

I just started with this hobby. I recently purchased a DSLR from a fair. I was given a dry box as part of the free gifts.

My question would be: is there a need to put my equipment in the dry box? I usually use the camera every weekend. What about dry cabinet? Need to invest in one?

Please enlighten. Thank you. :)

Due to humidity here SG, get it soon. :sweat:
I think is minimum requirement for DSLR owner.

if got POSB credit card(5% rebate), go to Carrefour purchase, they deliver free (> $150) as well.

Due to humidity here SG, get it soon. :sweat:
I think is minimum requirement for DSLR owner.

if got POSB credit card(5% rebate), go to Carrefour purchase, they deliver free (> $150) as well.

It seems that I have to move away from my dry box. I shall pass the dry box to my gf to store her make up then. :p

What brands do Carrefour carry? Is AIPO a good brand?

It seems that I have to move away from my dry box. I shall pass the dry box to my gf to store her make up then. :p

I got Digi-Cabi from there, no AIPO there.

I'm using AIPO. It's trouble free so far. Plug it in and forget about about it. Treat it like a storage box. Keke...:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

How many litres and how much may I ask?

It cost around $3.5 per litre of space. Depending if you want to buy more and more in future or just 1 body + 2 or 3 lenses + SD cards.

Recommend to get around 38L model which cost around $100. I use 68L which cost $270 to store 2 bodies, 4 lenses + 1 camcorder.

It cost around $3.5 per litre of space. Depending if you want to buy more and more in future or just 1 body + 2 or 3 lenses + SD cards.

Recommend to get around 38L model which cost around $100. I use 68L which cost $270 to store 2 bodies, 4 lenses + 1 camcorder.
68L for $270 is rather pricey...

no la... he likes it to be very spacious... People who live in bungalows are like that ;)

I don't live in bungalow leh. I stay in a small apartment like everyone else....

Anyway we use the dry box for a lot of other things also. We also store things like our watches (includes the leather boxes), filters, old leather camera cases, quite a number of old Nikon film bodies, several rangefinders, etc... Mostly film stuff though. And lenses, oh gawd, we have AFS AFD AiS Contax G, M mounts, Hassel... We use to have some pentax and minolta stuff too but those got sold off or given away. Not to mention some of the film and digital PnS and prosumers. We also store some old slides, and negatives. It all adds up.

Last edited:
Love it...

It was a present from my gf :D so all the more reason... hahaha

It's my go-to lens when I just wanna carry my camera out for no particular reason, in case a shot comes my way. D80 + 35/1.8 + SB400 all slotted into my Lowepro Topload Zoom bag. Easy to carry around.
Sharp at f/1.8 and accurate & fast focusing. Really good lens for the price paid. I recommend SLR Revo! Had to wait a few weeks for shipment to arrive.

Ya, I talked to Ray at SLRR. But I think I will be getting the 35/1.8 from China. Already got my quotes there also. Everything considered, it will be be around $50 cheaper. Thank goodness for the stronger SGD recently....

Ya, I talked to Ray at SLRR. But I think I will be getting the 35/1.8 from China. Already got my quotes there also. Everything considered, it will be be around $50 cheaper. Thank goodness for the stronger SGD recently....
Wah $50 cheaper? Should've asked you to get for me :)
Would 85/1.8 be much cheaper there? Considering getting.

is there warranty cover for SG?

lenses carry international warranty.
Anyway, we've totally sidetracked from TS' question, which was about DRY CABINETS. hehehehe.

TS, if your dry cabinet is only for your DSLR and whatever else you've got with it (kit lens, extra lens(es), filter(s)), then the smallest digi-cabi DB036 will do you fine.

Bro, how did you do it man? I have a 50L one, and I only store one camera body, six lenses and I am already packing it to the brim.

I am going to upgrade to a 120L one. My dad is already running a 160L one. And yes, his is also full.
:bigeyes:

how much you asking for and when you upgrading?
i intend to upgrade from my 30L to a 50L.