Dry Box Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

winzee

Apr 17, 2008
Hey guys any experience with Digi Cab's Icase Dry Box ?

I've got a new DSLR.. haha i wanna keep it in good condition.. but thing is that i'll be leaving for europe in Feb 2009 so i was thinking of buying this dry box so i can bring with me to europe?

Just curious, other than the silicon pak provided.. if i were to buy my own bottle of silicon gel beads, how much do i put it in the box?

not too much (such that the oil in the mechanism dries) and not too little that is too humid (fungal spree) ??

Thank you in advance!!

Where in europe will you be? For how long? It could very well be that you don't even need to bring along a dry box.

Milan humidity is pretty high... Yeah, you might want to consider a dry box. For the silicon beads, when they get "full", you can microwave them to dry them out again.

Milan humidity is pretty high... Yeah, you might want to consider a dry box. For the silicon beads, when they get "full", you can microwave them to dry them out again.

hmm but how much do i put inside ah?
some people say a tablespoon or something?

heh!

i put in a pouch about the size of a fist.

Europe has nowhere near the humidity of the tropics. I've never ever used a dry box in Europe, and in Jakarta (humid) I just use an air-con in the room. Dont forget to take some warm clothes with you cos it will probably be snowing when you arrive .. Milan is near the Swiss Alps :) ...

Europe has nowhere near the humidity of the tropics. I've never ever used a dry box in Europe, and in Jakarta (humid) I just use an air-con in the room. Dont forget to take some warm clothes with you cos it will probably be snowing when you arrive .. Milan is near the Swiss Alps :) ...

Milan average humidity is 75%, thanks to the Mediterranean. Fungus should be a small risk, but still worth protecting his investment (since a dry box doesn't cost much)

Status
Not open for further replies.