Drunken Fish..

Status
Not open for further replies.
reachme2003 said:
shooting glasswares is actually shooting the background, especially with clear water in it. background shot or/and its lighting could be better.
Thanks for your comments.. I shot this series with the intention of having a minimalist feel. Will take note for future shots. Any tips on how to improve lighting? Thanks in advance.

simplicity_ => Yeah.. waited quite long.. Each shot took about 30min to do. Most of the time waiting for the fishies to face me. Single fish shots are alot easier.

grimes, shamid, paxluv, filofari, jbma, => Thanks.

#6 :thumbsup:

Good concept for using humour and good photography. Thanks for sharing them!

i love #6. very nice!! wondering if will the photos look nicer if the background is not white? somehow i feel that the glasses dont contrast out... thinking if use a dark background will it look nice? just my newbie comments. havent tried studio photography before.

jonnie84 said:
i love #6. very nice!! wondering if will the photos look nicer if the background is not white? somehow i feel that the glasses dont contrast out... thinking if use a dark background will it look nice? just my newbie comments. havent tried studio photography before.

agreed. you either have to let some visible streaks of light reflect of the glass, or use a black background. you can try placing the glass on a light box in a dark room, and shooting parallel to the ground, giving a black background with only foreground lighting. having the light source on the bottom will bring out the outline of the glass better.

however, i have to say that your ability to interpret such a theme is really good.(and unique)

Very nice... Like the others, #6 is really really very good. do u use something to lure the fish to face u? haha :bsmilie:

Something out of nothing...:thumbsup: I like the idea. Thanks for sharing.

bro.... pro la.... when u free teach me leh.... haha

Simple,clean, nice

jonnie84 said:

Hee ok ok will try again soon... Thanks.. Sorta intentionally over exposed the background so as to make it look as if the glass may or may not be there.

Will definitely try again with my remaining fishes.. LOL Gave 2 away to my gf..

satay16 said:
agreed. you either have to let some visible streaks of light reflect of the glass, or use a black background. you can try placing the glass on a light box in a dark room, and shooting parallel to the ground, giving a black background with only foreground lighting. having the light source on the bottom will bring out the outline of the glass better.

however, i have to say that your ability to interpret such a theme is really good.(and unique)
Thanks.. hmmmm any suggestions as prevent the studio lights from showing up too recognizably? LOL I don't have a light box...
oh.. I have an idea... :) haha will try out the idea of a light box soon.. thanks..

bcad84 => thanks.. didn't have anything to lure them with.. :embrass: i did try to tap the glass to chase them up, but gave up.. just waited and waited..

deTour & eason => thanks

namska => I not qualified to teach. :) I'm still learning.. and experimenting..

nice nice...
wat technique is this called? you used a white background and use flash? how about the reflection of light from the glass? teach me pls....

thanks!

LOL thanks.. ermz.. is there a name to the technique? heh er.. I dunno.. basically I have two strobes, one left one right.. both shooting from higher up to make sure that there's no reflection from the glasses. I believe this is called a high key image, where your image is predominantly white. I didn't want too much detail, so I just increased the strobe output so that it blows the reflective white surface as to remove all the details on it.. (keke I'm actually just shooting on 2 pieces of mahjong paper..)

Hic**;)

Status
Not open for further replies.