Drowning of lens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hated your lens that much?

If the lens comes without motor, it may still work after an overhaul (my old Tamron did came back to life, but of course that was only dunked in water). But then again, it may affect its subsequent performance.

hmmm... cos i wash my bag and forgot to take out the lens at the side pouch... so yah drowned... but lucky it is just a 18-55 kit lens... if not i would have jump off the building haha..

hmmm... cos i wash my bag and forgot to take out the lens at the side pouch... so yah drowned... but lucky it is just a 18-55 kit lens... if not i would have jump off the building haha..

I know u want to change to a 40D lah..... also not like dat.... hehehe :bsmilie::sweatsm:

I know u want to change to a 40D lah..... also not like dat.... hehehe :bsmilie::sweatsm:

He should drown his camera if he really wanted an excuse to get the 40D :bsmilie: "Oops, I "forgot" to take my camera out of the bag"

This was used on my compact Ixus a few years.. but luckily no battery and memory card.

Dry it first.. live it out for 2-3 day. . and put it in a dehumifier.

Later hair dryer before you use.. see if it still operates.

Do not activate the Len while it is wet. it will cause electricial short-circuit.

After all this steps, your Len may be fine and my ixus also survive.

This was used on my compact Ixus a few years.. but luckily no battery and memory card.

Dry it first.. live it out for 2-3 day. . and put it in a dehumifier.

Later hair dryer before you use.. see if it still operates.

Do not activate the Len while it is wet. it will cause electricial short-circuit.

After all this steps, your Len may be fine and my ixus also survive.

hmmm... ok will try that... thanks =D

no harm just letting it to dry a day or 2 and try it.

oki... i think i will throw it in my dry cab for 1 week and try it after that... nothing will happen to my camera after the lens is dry right??? if it still cant work... i think i will drown it again and use it as a toy for photo shoot...

oki... i think i will throw it in my dry cab for 1 week and try it after that... nothing will happen to my camera after the lens is dry right??? if it still cant work... i think i will drown it again and use it as a toy for photo shoot...

good idea

new meaning to

"underwater photography"

spin your body and use remote to take photos of interior of washing machine when washing!
"death of camera"

Scali a few days later we see......"JinmingGM:WTS 18-55mm kit lens cheap cheap....$30"....
ahahhaa no offend......joking only.....

Scali a few days later we see......"JinmingGM:WTS 18-55mm kit lens cheap cheap....$30"....
ahahhaa no offend......joking only.....

haha... i guess not only that... i might even put in it is well cleaned and free from dirt... but working a not is up to your luck... whaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.