drove car for about 500m before handbrake was released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can buy Murano what is changing a new set of handbrake?
guys,

wondered if any of you encountered this issue before?

a friend drove my nissan murano for about 500m before realising that the handbrake was not released. think he hit about 60km/h for that stretch.

will there be any damage to the car?

is the hand brake and foot brake a ''separate system''? or will any damage to the handbrake ''spill over'' to the footbrake as well?

if any one of you guys have past experiences or knowledge on this issue. pls enlighten me.

many thanks!

When i just got my license, was driving a car with a leg brake (auto, but the 'supposed' clutch is the hand brake) so normally i always forget to release the handbrake, and can drive around sg and back even hit top speed without any feeling... cos normally i only engage the handbrake about 2 to 3 clicks...

anyway, if you feel uncomfortable, just go for a check, it will make you feel better..

When i just got my license, was driving a car with a leg brake (auto, but the 'supposed' clutch is the hand brake) so normally i always forget to release the handbrake, and can drive around sg and back even hit top speed without any feeling... cos normally i only engage the handbrake about 2 to 3 clicks...

anyway, if you feel uncomfortable, just go for a check, it will make you feel better..

Then you'll be wondering why your fuel economy is so bad.. right?

Status
Not open for further replies.