Dropped your DSLR before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isplash

Apr 7, 2007
Hi all,

anyone has experience having their precious dropped to the ground before?

Yes, during New Year's Day Fireworks. I was on the rocky beach side at the park. Tripod tipped over. (too many friggin people liked to sit infront of my cam blocking the way. I ought to carry wire mesh or smth and cordorn the area infront of me off.) Managed to break some of the fall but it still struck rock. Some very minor scratches sustained on the body and cracked a filter (Thus we should always protect the lens with a filter).

mm.. do u guys think if the dslr is dropped lcd face down, will the lcd screen die?

i got an idea. we should buy those cotton swabs. those that your gf/sister/mums use to clean off their nail polish.
1) just stack them up and paste it all around ur camera
2)secure it with mesh
3)wrap your precious camera up with bandage
4)then use gaffering tape for more protection!

that should do the trick! :lovegrin:

alternatively. you could just BUY a protective cover or some sort

If dropped on the ground would it affect the accuracy?

If dropped on the ground would it affect the accuracy?

hmmmm..there can be some misalignment of your focussing plate...where ur area of focus can be greatly affected :sweat:

hmmmm..there can be some misalignment of your focussing plate...where ur area of focus can be greatly affected :sweat:

i assume this can be verified by the service centre right?

Dropped a D100 with a 18-70 attached once. Only damage was the hood. It cracked and I had to replace it.

Yeah. D50 + 18-70 lens first onto a grass field. I placed it on my lap and stood up. Now the front tube is loose and the focusing causes something inside (and the image) to wobble. ****ing irritating but meh, I'm lazy to get it repaired.

I dropped my d80 lcd screen down and the camera bounced twice. But fortunately only the protective screen broke. I had to buy another. But otherwise, it is still working fine today.

I dropped my d80 lcd screen down and the camera bounced twice. But fortunately only the protective screen broke. I had to buy another. But otherwise, it is still working fine today.

Any dent found on the body?

Never dropped any before. I always use the neck strap no matter for how short a duration I will be using the camera. When I change lenses I employ a tighter than necessary grip to ensure I do not drop the glass.

Granted they are all insured, but the best bet is to play safe in the first place. I don't use filters too :)

Dropped my D70s w/ Kit lens at the height of 1m. Still working after that, no crack no nothing, only auto focus got problem during wide angle, send to service center and tune back the autofocus, now as good as new.

dropped it twice in a day... both times about 4 steps high.. only kit lens dented :flush:

Status
Not open for further replies.