Dropped Harddisk,where to recover data

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan choo

Apr 18, 2006
Bukit Batok
Hi,fellow CSers, I dropped my harddisk from a height of about 1 ft.So I sent it to a shop at Sim Lim Tower to recover the datas.However after trying for a month he gave up. I hope that I can get some recommendations here as to where can I get it done and prices that I will be charged.
Thanks in advance.

if the data is not very critical... i will suggest u give up... its not cheap to get professionals to do data recovery from bad harddisk.

I don't have any company in mind but be prepared for this:

An identical model hard disk may need to be purchase by you should the board or motor be damage.

Recovery is bleak should the disk platter is damaged. Meaning scratched by debris when you power on.

Basically with all the above purchase + service cost, there is no guarantee.

Thanks Sinned and sphere,Practically all the Data in the HD are folders of photos.Its my carelessness of not backing up in the first place.:( and I really want it back.

Thanks Sinned and sphere,Practically all the Data in the HD are folders of photos.Its my carelessness of not backing up in the first place.:( and I really want it back.

Don't know if it'll work but I got a bad disk working once by freezing it in the freezer overnight. Note, you probably have only one chance at recovering this way. My disk didn't die from impact damage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.