Dropped Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

boombaye

Jul 26, 2008
A friend of mine dropped his Nikon D200 w/ a Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 attached. Everything looks intact and the pictures still look as they did before. Is there anyway to check that everything is actually still okay?

Fotophilic

Jun 18, 2006
big tree town
A friend of mine dropped his Nikon D200 w/ a Nikkor AF-D 50mm f/1.8 attached. Everything looks intact and the pictures still look as they did before. Is there anyway to check that everything is actually still okay?
i know this may sound stupid but the best way i think is to try every key and function on the camera and lens if u wanna know if everthing is ok. if it works like b4, then i should be fine.

OlyFlyer

Mar 22, 2006
Yes. By use is the best way to test a camera.

I have also dropped my E-3 + 14-54, it fell out from my open backpack when I lifted it and swang over my shoulder. The camera flew in a parabolic way and hit the floor with the lens facing down. The hood flew off and continued for about 5 meters more. My heart stopped, I grabbed the camera, turned on and shot a few shots, zoomed in-out and concluded nothing was broken, put the hood back. This was about three weeks ago. Camera and lens still working well.

gymak90

Jan 5, 2008
The Far North
If you money to burn, then send it to NSC for service and maintanence.

If everything feels fine, then your friend should be happy and keep shooting. Until the problem surfaces. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom