Droplets on filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

shenny

Jan 11, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I can capture water droplets on the filter to my photo...
but this does not happened to my film EOS300 camera...
I thought we will not be able to capture whatever that is on the filter....
Is this because EOS300 is using TLL system???

Any software or help available to save my photo if the droplets are captured?

Shenny

shenny said:
Hi Everyone,

I can capture water droplets on the filter to my photo...
but this does not happened to my film EOS300 camera...
I thought we will not be able to capture whatever that is on the filter....
Is this because EOS300 is using TLL system???

Any software or help available to save my photo if the droplets are captured?

Shenny
:dunno: .

Any picture to show?

Regards,
Arto.

Depends on focal length, aperature setting or is it just dust on yr sensor?

Tell us yr camera used, lens and best is show us the photo. just crop out a bit if not convenient to show whole photo. With PS some photo can be saved.

I am using DMC FZ30 and at that phototaking time, it was drizzling...

My pictures can be seen, nice & clear but there are blurry patches on my photos...
I will try to upload one later as I am working now....

I get what you mean liao. Initially I tot you can see water droplets clearly on the photo. Your photo got this blur blur effect right? Well you got yourself a free soft focus filter. In the early photography days, sometimes we create a soft focus filter for potrait shots by breathing into the filter or apply some gel onto the filter to get a soft image. Well water droplet also gives this effect unfortunately for your case.

If the damage is not too much, can use PS to clone and try to restore the photo if it means a lot to you. otherwise, just reshoot. PS can do wonders. I just attended a demo on the power of PS.

Hi DeSwitch,

I know what you meant too... But this time, it left blur patches on my photo instead..
So it meant that digital camera capture whatever it is on the filter too..
If not, it is because the droplets went to other compartments of my camera? Any advise?

This is the photo link, not sure if this work....
<a href=http://shennydotcom.multiply.com/photos/album/6>Droplet Patches</a>:cry:

Check this instead... manage to upload... can PS save this image?

P10109201.JPG

It also depends on how big your sensor and aperature. when u use a smaller aperature, object right infront of the lens will be quite clear. however, when you are using a bigger aperature, it will almost dissapear.

wow... abit hard to save this pic.... the droplets are BIG!

Next time remember to clean ur lens before shooting!

shenny said:

P10109201.JPG

shenny said:

P10109201.JPG

Sorry didnt check this section the past days. I think it can be saved with PS. I try and see first.

OK, I tried to rescue the photo but I notice that the resolution and sharpness of this photo is not that good to start with. Nevertheless it can be done. As the original image is of low quality, I can only do a rough one just to show that it can be done.

psed.jpg

Brilliant!!! How you did it? You didn't use clone tool right?
I can't upload a higher resolution file...
And I have a few more with my friend on it...
I would appreciate if you can share with me on how you save the photo?

shenny said:
Brilliant!!! How you did it? You didn't use clone tool right?
I can't upload a higher resolution file...
And I have a few more with my friend on it...
I would appreciate if you can share with me on how you save the photo?

I use clone, cut and paste with transform. When cloning, try to select areas you can use to repair the damaged area and adjust the contrast/shade and rotate angle. I'm also newbie in PS so I'm still experimenting with it.

DeSwitch said:
OK, I tried to rescue the photo but I notice that the resolution and sharpness of this photo is not that good to start with. Nevertheless it can be done. As the original image is of low quality, I can only do a rough one just to show that it can be done.

psed.jpg

OMG!..Digital artist at work..:thumbsup:

DeSwitch said:
I use clone, cut and paste with transform. When cloning, try to select areas you can use to repair the damaged area and adjust the contrast/shade and rotate angle. I'm also newbie in PS so I'm still experimenting with it.

I think there is a great job! I used clone tool before but I don think my results will be like yours... is gets patchy...

Thanks for all your help and sharing...

Status
Not open for further replies.