drop shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

E1g3

Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
After dropping shawdows on a pic, how to remove the white rectangular enlarged canvas size?

Example is the pic (one with the eye) when launching PS7, showing only shadow, without the squarish background.

yeah,i want to know too.there is an action with the drop shadow that does it but to troublesome.need to drag ur pic more to the upper left corner but doesn't seem to work always.the white part is very distracting without anything there.

louis said:
yeah,i want to know too.there is an action with the drop shadow that does it but to troublesome.need to drag ur pic more to the upper left corner but doesn't seem to work always.the white part is very distracting without anything there.

Can someone help? thanks

would love to help but dunno the problem... why not post some pictures and circle the problem parts to let readers visualise the problem...

showtime said:
would love to help but dunno the problem... why not post some pictures and circle the problem parts to let readers visualise the problem...

fa2374d9.jpg.thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's this white border surrounding the pics. How to remove it and thanks.

E1g3 said:
fa2374d9.jpg.thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's this white border surrounding the pics. How to remove it and thanks.
i've always had the problem of removing unwanted areas of a picture to make them INVISIBLE to the viewer... but usually they just turn out as white or black area....

Anyone knows a why to do this? excpet cropping since cropping reduses the size only.

Looks like what you need is to crop the picture. Select the Crop Tool in the Tool Pallete. Leave the Width, Height and Resolution box empty (so that there is no ratio and resampling done). Then make your selection over the area to keep by dragging the mouse. Right-Click, choose Crop. Done.

Alternatively, if you know how many pixels the unwanted area is, Select Image Menu -> Canvas Size and then give it a Width and Size that is smaller (original minus border size) and keep the anchor position in the middle.

Experiment a bit, and you will soon master it. :)

Francis

if it's for web purpose, try to save it as a transparency GIF format but make sure your image (the one with the drop shadow) layer is etch out and not flatten with the white background.

some later version of browser such as Mozilla's Firebird will have the ability to read PNG files which is a better file to show transparency..

To crop your image, no matter how tight you crop it, you will still see a very thin white line around your image if it's pasted on a coloured or texture background. the best way is to do your editing in the background colour that it's suppost to go to.. that way, it will not have any problem.

hope it helps

ecp1.gif

for me, after dropping the shadows, i flatten the layers, then i use a magic wand and select the white areas.. after that, i do an inverse selection and select the wanted areas and cut it out as a layer.
after that, i delete the main background image, which only contains the white areas.
then I do a save as web, as a gif with either of the 3 transparency options
this is wat i got.. izzit wat u needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.