Drone photography done wrong

If a hacker using another transmitter can so easily gain control of the drone or quadcopter, then all these drones can be easily hijacked.

If a hacker using another transmitter can so easily gain control of the drone or quadcopter, then all these drones can be easily hijacked.
Quite a daring conclusion.

Was in Funan IT Mall today and Challenger is selling a drone.

Oh no. I hope the drone is ok.

Well I am a RC hobbyist I can fairly say that taking control of another drone is very very hard. You can theoretically make a drone drop but power needed for such a radio is illegal in any country and you will probably have govt knocking on your door the minute u turn such a powerful radio on.

I own remote control 4 helicopters, 2 quads and a car.

All of my transmitters use frequency hopping which changes frequency all the time so that it does not interfere with another radio.

Each transmitter has a unique GUID which receivers can be bound, ensuring that no transmitter will interfere with other nearby.

If you wanna do research you and look up Futaba FASST, Frsky FHSS these are radio technologies which causes frequency hopping so you cant really interfere a radio for it to lose signal. Also if you blast a device with high power radio waves to make it lose control in 2.4 ghz range you will probably take out most wifi and radio waves in that area. Also to add its illegal to own such a high power radio which can cause so much interference.

Dnt understand why evil doers nd to highjack a drone..? Erm anyone can buy anywhere rite?

They are already used to ferry mobiles, drugs etc into prison, in one instance a guy flew it straight into a public speaker as intimidation.. It doesnt take much imagination to strap even more dangerous devices to it..

Will anyone be surprised if Singapore regulates drone purchase and its use?

Just wondering..:)

Ronniegogs, what are the regulations for rc copter use? And do they extend to these quadcopter atm?

Last edited:
Dnt understand why evil doers nd to highjack a drone..? Erm anyone can buy anywhere rite?

They are already used to ferry mobiles, drugs etc into prison, in one instance a guy flew it straight into a public speaker as intimidation.. It doesnt take much imagination to strap even more dangerous devices to it..

Will anyone be surprised if Singapore regulates drone purchase and its use?

Just wondering..:)

Ronniegogs, what are the regulations for rc copter use? And do they extend to these quadcopter atm?

All hobby shops carry the latest CAAS (Civil aviation authority singapore) website for the rules... here is the link

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/export/sites/caas/en/ANS/index.html

Basically the main rules are
1. No permit if you fly below 200 feet and 5km from airports
2. Radio frequency max power 100 mwatts

Area limits for above rules
$area-limits-2.png

Video says it all
[video=youtube;iFpt9YikJTk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFpt9YikJTk[/video]

Last edited:
100mWatts at what frequency? Is it the free unregulated 2.4GHz (IMT) band used by wifi? Many years back when I played with Tamiya RC model cars all running with 27MHz...

Last edited: