Driving to Malacca, Causeway or Tuas 2nd link faster?

ConnorMcLeod

Jul 23, 2005
Singapore, West
I will drive to Malacca after work next week (mid week).
Which way brings me to Malacca faster?
Via Causeway to NS expressway or Tuas to NS expressway?
I know almost often the causeway is jammed and wonder if Tuas would be better?

I will start the trip at Novena area so either CTE/PIE as assessible to me.

2nd link of cus wld be faster cause of the speed but if you want an enjoyable drive, i do suggest the woodlands causeway

2nd link :thumbsup: faster, smoother with a lower chance of jam. Just go at the speed limit of 110 and you should be fine. If you're stop by M'sia TP, ask him for the fine, it can be paid at the M'sia custom, don't try to "pay" your way out ;). Safe driving :)

What do you mean with more enjoyable drive with causeway?

nice straight road with things to see along the way.

i seem to enjoyed the ride the last time i did this when coming back from Malacca. traffic was smooth

nice straight road with things to see along the way.

i seem to enjoyed the ride the last time i did this when coming back from Malacca. traffic was smooth

then it's ok since I am the driver and driving in the evening, so I wont' get to see what's along the road :) a good/safe drive would be more important.

then it's ok since I am the driver and driving in the evening, so I wont' get to see what's along the road :) a good/safe drive would be more important.

Than you better go by 4:30pm or after 7pm if not there will be jams on both sides of the causway.

2nd link is refreshingly fast on normal days.
Of course don't go on eve of special holiday or during CNY and expect no jam.

2nd Link is far better than the Causeway. You do pay more but it's a lot smoother as you don't have to go through the mess that is Johor Bahru. I stay in Woodlands and I rather drive all the way to 2nd Link when I drive up to KL.