driver cause minor incident and drove off.....

fotoudavid

Mar 11, 2005
today morning, i met an driver who wanna filter out to my lane, as situation concern, i signal high beam and slow down, no choice gives the driver to come out as part of the car already in front of me.

The taxi behind that driver knocked on my bump as he fails to detect the speed i slow down, minor scratches, as i know the taxi driver also need to put food on table, i am fine, scratches only, no big deal, the part that pissed me was the accused driver simply doesn't know or bo chup, just drove on and stopped in an traffic light short distance away.

immediately i drove behind, get out and lecture the driver. it was an middle age auntie, and keep saying " no leh, i dunno"....... i just raised my voice telling her better keep alert, dun any how change lane like that.... imagine all cars around was looking at us....

real sian.......... lucky no one was hurt....

why this type driver still on the road.....;(

sometimes... by stopping and getting out of you vehicle and confronting another motorist may look like aggression... something akin to road bullies.

but i know how you felt... i do encounter lady drivers with bad driving abilities; but i just let it pass.

sometimes... by stopping and getting out of you vehicle and confronting another motorist may look like aggression... something akin to road bullies.

but i know how you felt... i do encounter lady drivers with bad driving abilities; but i just let it pass.

No, getting out of the car and confronting the other driver MAY look aggresive but it is not akin to road bullies. This I got from the police when I tried to file a report against another driver.

David, I suggest you make a report to your insurence in case the taxi driver report to his company and they want to make insurance claim. This kind of drive is everywhere on the road.

No, getting out of the car and confronting the other driver MAY look aggresive but it is not akin to road bullies. This I got from the police when I tried to file a report against another driver.

David, I suggest you make a report to your insurence in case the taxi driver report to his company and they want to make insurance claim. This kind of drive is everywhere on the road.

oh... i didn't know that. so, the person will only be classified as road bully if aggression turns into violence? anyway, thanks for highlighting... :)

ok will report later after shoot......... thks.
the 10 feet pole how??

oh... i didn't know that. so, the person will only be classified as road bully if aggression turns into violence? anyway, thanks for highlighting... :)

If he bang on you car causing even slight damage possible to be road bully but you have to show prove to the police first.

Sorry, but if you get into a road accident, if you don't stop and get out of the car, how do you exchange particulars for a police report? :think:

Sorry, but if you get into a road accident, if you don't stop and get out of the car, how do you exchange particulars for a police report? :think:

but in TS case... it's not an accident with the aunty. he just wanted to give the aunty a piece of his mind. so nothing to report here...

Now regret, shd get the taxi driver number and the auntie number, car plate number etc.......

but am glad i give a lecture...... last time also scare by an auntie in expressway..... cut into my lane without much speed, nearly collided with her..... horn at her, she change to 1st lane, then change back to my 2nd lane, then 3rd lane.... dunno what she thinking.....;(

today morning, i met an driver who wanna filter out to my lane, as situation concern, i signal high beam and slow down, no choice gives the driver to come out as part of the car already in front of me.

The taxi behind that driver knocked on my bump as he fails to detect the speed i slow down, minor scratches, as i know the taxi driver also need to put food on table, i am fine, scratches only, no big deal, the part that pissed me was the accused driver simply doesn't know or bo chup, just drove on and stopped in an traffic light short distance away.

immediately i drove behind, get out and lecture the driver. it was an middle age auntie, and keep saying " no leh, i dunno"....... i just raised my voice telling her better keep alert, dun any how change lane like that.... imagine all cars around was looking at us....

real sian.......... lucky no one was hurt....

why this type driver still on the road.....;(

no leh, got meh?:bsmilie::bsmilie:

... just drove on and stopped in an traffic light short distance away.

So you guys weren't on the expressway. Meaning the speeds, legally speaking, should be low.

... as situation concern, i signal high beam and slow down, no choice gives the driver to come out as part of the car already in front of me.

The taxi behind that driver knocked on my bump as he fails to detect the speed i slow down...

If the speeds were low, and the taxi driver was not tail-gating, how come he bumped into you? Unless the "situation" required you to do an emergency brake (i.e. you were also tail-gating the car in front and leaving very little space for the other driver to filter in, or the other driver really did do a very sudden lane change). Even so, the taxi driver should still be able to stop in time without bumping into you if he was driving at an appropriate speed and keeping an appropriate distance. :dunno:

a lot of such jokers around. one guy driving a BMW SUX almost ran over my wife, me and a few other pedastrians cos he was on the phone and looking for his wife. :angry:

Last week my friend got into a minor accident. the fellow suddenly change lane and my friend jam his brake, but too late. the fellow said claim his insurance. After they settle this issue, few hours later my friend made a police report and the police say another party made a report against u by saying my friend knock onto his car. haha. This type of driver worst leh.

Yes, taxi driver need to put food on table but don't be too good. Later they bite u back then u know.

Last edited:
So you guys weren't on the expressway. Meaning the speeds, legally speaking, should be low.

Have u seen ppl traveling at high speed in car park??

If the speeds were low, and the taxi driver was not tail-gating, how come he bumped into you? Unless the "situation" required you to do an emergency brake (i.e. you were also tail-gating the car in front and leaving very little space for the other driver to filter in, or the other driver really did do a very sudden lane change). Even so, the taxi driver should still be able to stop in time without bumping into you if he was driving at an appropriate speed and keeping an appropriate distance. :dunno:

read my post, the taxi driver was behind the bloody auntie who cut in my lane without ensuring safety. When did i say i tail gate??? if no space how the auntie cut my lane????

I say again, i slow down after high beam as the bloody auntie leave me no choice, and the taxi who cannot see my brake lights judged according to my speed, which changed suddenly.

By the way, today is raining so most vehicles travel not fast..........

Last week my friend got into a minor accident. the fellow suddenly change lane and my friend jam his brake, but too late. the fellow said claim his insurance. After they settle this issue, few hours later my friend made a police report and the police say another party made a report against u by saying my friend knock onto his car. haha. This type of driver worst leh.

Yes, taxi driver need to put food on table but don't be too good. Later they bite u back then u know.

i wonder can get that fellow number if he did claim?? anyway small amount, but to make it right, must tell that fellow off......

a lot of such jokers around. one guy driving a BMW SUX almost ran over my wife, me and a few other pedastrians cos he was on the phone and looking for his wife. :angry:

once a taxi also never really stop in zebra crossing, he was looking at other side of road, and he knows that got ppl crossing he slow down not looking...... i was staring at him and then suddenly he realize he was not stopping, he jammed brake and keep apologizing......

we may be jokers too, in the past or coming future, no body knows....... but seriously, driving must be damn careful........

i wonder can get that fellow number if he did claim?? anyway small amount, but to make it right, must tell that fellow off......

Had a friend in similar situation (except in her case, she hit the car cutting out). At that point established it's the car cutting out suddenly's fault, so the other car agreed to compensate and no police report made. But the other person really did make a police report time, and the story changed and it was reported as her fault!

So minor or no minor, don't let it go just like that. Best is protect own ass (no puns).

..."and all of us can swear that cyclist should not be cycling on the road" for causing all the mishaps...

no puns intended...

Had a friend in similar situation (except in her case, she hit the car cutting out). At that point established it's the car cutting out suddenly's fault, so the other car agreed to compensate and no police report made. But the other person really did make a police report time, and the story changed and it was reported as her fault!

So minor or no minor, don't let it go just like that. Best is protect own ass (no puns).

It always happen this way. After agreeing that its their fault and payment, the guilty party will make police report and claim being hit.

So 1 way to save your own ass is to install those CCTV, and if hit, just make a police report... There are just too much such drivers around

My bro car front bumper side was hit by a lorry filtering in to the expressway from the slip road, driven by a bangala. Called his foreman, came down, agree to pay etc. After a few days , the foreman now claim the bangala was hit by my bro in law and pay only 10%.

This kind of thing, cannot avoid. Depends on the driver's integrity.There are just too much such drivers around

So 1 way to save your own ass is to install those CCTV, and if hit, just make a police report... Or after the driver refuse to pay after agreeing, or now counter claim against your insurance as the victim, tell the other party. Its ok, thank you, I have concrete proof of your causing of this accident and this proof will be submitted to TP and your insurer, and my lawyer for a defamation suit , causing of emotional distress and loss of use of my vehicle. :bsmilie: