Drive With Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
LTA has contracted six traffic wardens from a private company at $34,000 a year to take down the licence plate number, make and colour of vehicles that intrude into bus lanes at peak hours.

Take note of the operation hours :
Bus Lane operation hrs :
a) 7.30 am to 9.30 am & 4.30 pm to 7pm (Weekdays)
b) 7.30 am to 9.30 am & 11.30 am to 2pm (Saturdays)

LTA has intensified their operations at the following areas :
1) Eunos Link
2) Hougang Ave 3
3) Jurong Town Hall Rd
4) Lorong Chuan
5) Orchard Rd
6) Upper Serangoon Rd
7) Upper Thomson Rd
Cool Yishun Ave 2

Additional spots where speed traps were seen,
(1) PIE towards airport near Toa Payoh exit, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrain overhead bridge. 90km/h
(2) PIE towards jurong near adam road exit, tripod mounted speed camera over at Adam Road flyover. 90km/h
(3) Bradell Road after Bishan Junction towards CTE, tripod mounted speed camera at the pedestrain overhead bridge. 60/kmh
(4) Queensway towards Bukit Merah, tripod mounted speed camera under tree before Ridout McDonalds. 60km/h

Don't know if this is another word-of-mouse messages but just take caution :)

Should be Drive With Care not Case

Klose said:
Don't know if this is another word-of-mouse messages but just take caution :)

Should be Drive With Care not Case
SGD 34000/year/6 wardens? What a cheapstakes! Thats SGD 473 per month per warden!........

HS

hongsien said:
SGD 34000/year/6 wardens? What a cheapstakes! Thats SGD 473 per month per warden!........

HS

May be they get commission for each vehicle they book.

considering they only work that few hours a day and ninja around SG...
A basic salary of $473 if true,
don't know is :lovegrin: or :sweat:

(a) 7.30 am to 9.30 am & 4.30 pm to 7pm (Weekdays)

1) Eunos Link
2) Hougang Ave 3
3) Jurong Town Hall Rd
4) Lorong Chuan
5) Orchard Rd
6) Upper Serangoon Rd
7) Upper Thomson Rd
Cool Yishun Ave 2)

I believed if they do this...there will be more jams.

Out of the 7...3 I kena already

dominator said:
considering they only work that few hours a day and ninja around SG...
A basic salary of $473 if true,
don't know is :lovegrin: or :sweat:

(a) 7.30 am to 9.30 am & 4.30 pm to 7pm (Weekdays)

1) Eunos Link
2) Hougang Ave 3
3) Jurong Town Hall Rd
4) Lorong Chuan
5) Orchard Rd
6) Upper Serangoon Rd
7) Upper Thomson Rd
Cool Yishun Ave 2)
For 135 hrs per month, that is about SGD 3.50 per hour.......could be true! Unless they get commission per violation, this salary is low for Singaporean standards.......

HS

rainman said:
I believed if they do this...there will be more jams.

Out of the 7...3 I kena already

Perhaps we can spare alittle thought for others. Just imagine, if the government dun do this, many motorists will be jamming up the bus lane and the poor commuters (students & workers) whom are up early in the morning to take public transport to work will spend even more time on the road (which they already are).

As a motorists, perhaps we can move off 15mins earlier to avoid being late for work/ appointment/ etc. This way, you will not get summoned for travelling in bus lane.

To be fair, while they are catching drivers in bus lanes, they should also catch buses that drives outside the bus lanes. Buses outside bus lanes caused more congestion than cars in bus lanes!

Lmodel said:
Perhaps we can spare alittle thought for others. Just imagine, if the government dun do this, many motorists will be jamming up the bus lane and the poor commuters (students & workers) whom are up early in the morning to take public transport to work will spend even more time on the road (which they already are).

As a motorists, perhaps we can move off 15mins earlier to avoid being late for work/ appointment/ etc. This way, you will not get summoned for travelling in bus lane.

As a motorist, i think its kinda stupid enuff to ensure that ppl do not enter bus lane, now they have to pay ppl to book them...

i mean, if they stop to alight, or park in the bus lane, then u book them, fair enuff, but if a motorist is making a turn, then u book them, then its stupid, but how is the bookie going to justify which is which? its just their eyes, hands, vs your words. everyday i got difficulty making turn to my office, and also make a turn to my place when i go home at night... y? the dotted line is just infront of my place, and the bus stop is directly adjacent to the apartment.

and y aren't they doing something to the bus lane infront of plaza singapura instead? i can think of many ideas, but i dun think they will implement thou... that red line just pisses me off...

kmlee55 said:
To be fair, while they are catching drivers in bus lanes, they should also catch buses that drives outside the bus lanes. Buses outside bus lanes caused more congestion than cars in bus lanes!

:thumbsup: esp those who dun even give way to motorist to make turning, they always think its bus lane, and they are so packed together that we can't even make a turn if we abide to the rules... just plain crazy...

kmlee55 said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Haha i'm a motorist myself and fully accomprehend how you feel and agree that the turning distance is truly not sufficient during heavy traffic.

Knowing Singaporean motorists, the law will not be enforced if there is no enforcers. This has been proven since the implementation of the bus lane. Sad to say, attitude of most motorists in Singapore is rather negative.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
As a motorist, i think its kinda stupid enuff to ensure that ppl do not enter bus lane, now they have to pay ppl to book them...

i mean, if they stop to alight, or park in the bus lane, then u book them, fair enuff, but if a motorist is making a turn, then u book them, then its stupid, but how is the bookie going to justify which is which? its juturn to my office, and also make a turn to my place when i go home at night... y? the dotted line is just infront of my place, anst their eyes, hands, vs your words. everyday i got difficulty making d the bus stop is directly adjacent to the apartment.

and y aren't they doing something to the bus lane infront of plaza singapura instead? i can think of many ideas, but i dun think they will implement thou... that red line just pisses me off...
bus lanes have the solid yellow lines and dotted yellow lines.. dotted yellow lines normally located at turns and junctions for car to enter. Solid yellow line means out of bounds. ;) get it? I believe they now issue summons based on photos taken. The premas wardens will be armed with a $15 carrefour tripod that extends to their belly height and mounted is a panasonic (FX-9 i think, comes in funky purple colour). You'll see him by the road side snapping away and where do you think his bike is parked? :rolleyes:

yanyewkay said:
bus lanes have the solid yellow lines and dotted yellow lines.. dotted yellow lines normally located at turns and junctions for car to enter. Solid yellow line means out of bounds. ;) get it? I believe they now issue summons based on photos taken. The premas wardens will be armed with a $15 carrefour tripod that extends to their belly height and mounted is a panasonic (FX-9 i think, comes in funky purple colour). You'll see him by the road side snapping away and where do you think his bike is parked? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I see him almost daily in the evening along Hougang Ave 3 at the bus stop opposite the disused SCDF Hougang Camp. He parks his bike just outside the camp. :)

also.. what data authencity it there to ensure that the photo taken has not been edited?i can always PS a number plate on and you wun even know the difference

add one along Queenway towards Jalan Bukit Merah, just before the Shell petrol station and across the Alexandra Fire Station.

tis warden is happy snapping away at errant drivers strayed into e bus lane.... see it almost daily, so watch out.

uncle_catz said:
add one along Queenway towards Jalan Bukit Merah, just before the Shell petrol station and across the Alexandra Fire Station.

tis warden is happy snapping away at errant drivers strayed into e bus lane.... see it almost daily, so watch out.
i given up that route liao.. i always take the parallel road Commonwealth Ave a lot less congested.

uncle_catz said:

Maybe the fella bought new lens. So testing his baby.... :bsmilie:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

that place is a nightmare.
something ought to be done there. it is so difficult to turn into the small road due to the bus stop.

GmbH. said:
that place is a nightmare.
something ought to be done there. it is so difficult to turn into the small road due to the bus stop.
Yeah, that place is a complete disaster! For the buses as well for the cars trying to turn in...........

Status
Not open for further replies.